Smaller team sizes option does not work

Yeah, I’ll probably not use it.

1 Like

He is not wrong tho
you would be suprised on how many just don’t read patch notes

2 Likes

12v12 is still too much. I want 8v8 to 10v10 at most

7 Likes

And the option to “possibly maybe someday” to get into a 12v12 match is stupid. If I want smaller team sizes I choose to possibly wait much longer to get them, don’t put us into 16v16 which WE DO NOT WANT when choosing that option.

Gaijin we can make our own decisions.

13 Likes

Honestly, giving players more options to fine-tune the matches they play if they were subscribed to premium account could be a way to encourage such changes.

I let mine expire because as soon as I stopped hardcore grinding, it wasn’t proving all that valuable to me. What sort of features would make it become valuable again?

• options to choose exclusively to queue for smaller matches at all BRs
  • options to reduce your own matchmaking spread to +/- 0.3-4 or +/- 0.7
  • option to ban as many maps as you want
  • no crew lock
  • all Free Repair times no more than 1 day
  • ability to transfer unused modifications RP from a premium or talismanned vehicle in my lineup to something else in my lineup, to help spade something which is frankly unplayable stock or damn close.

I could go on and on and on.

9 Likes

i don’t mind waiting for longer if that means i’m going to get a smaller match 100% of the time, afterall it’s an opt-in option

7 Likes

A list of how to break the matchmaker.

1 Like

The chagelog doesn’t mention where the toggle is, and unfortunately I missed the part in Major Update video. I thought it would be in in Options menu, along with options like “Join in-progress battle” and spend a good amount of time looking for it there. I finally just gave up

I would never know if an opponent in Air Realistic battle did not shouted it out in chat. Then I asked around and all my friends also failed to find the option. I guess it would be very helpful for user adoption if the 12v12 switch can appear both in the Options menu and in the place where we ban maps (where it is now)

7 Likes

as predicted, top tier is completely unplayable right now. 8v8 is the BARE MINIMUM we need to be able to properly play top tier

9 Likes

YES PLEASE

My map filter would look like this

3 Likes

No, it shouldn’t be the default.
Most players aren’t sweats that want to earn less rewards and put more pressure on their personal skill with less pressure on their defense.

lolno
If you want “proper dogfights”, aka arcade gameplay, custom battles are for you.

Especially since maps are now too large for anything short of 16v16.
They’d have to reactivate older smaller maps for an 8v8 at top.

1 Like

16 v 16 in Air RB plays VERY similar to Arcade. The whole point of asking for smaller teams is to differentiate the mode more from arcade.

The only reason arcade is dead at top tier is because of abusive squads. Now everyone has come to RB and turned it into a ripoff of Air Arcade.

Map size doesnt even matter at this point. Its how the mals are setup. One spawn location, no respawns, all AI gathered in one area. Whether its 8 v 8 or 16 v 16 the map size at top tier makes no difference. Theres no meaningful PVE objectives so there will always be the initial furball.

8 Likes

No, the point of smaller teams is so people don’t have to use as much skill being aware of their surroundings.
That’s it.
Smaller teams also put more personal skill pressure on the player and provide less rewards.

Air RB is not arcade, if it was it’d be 5v5 like Counter Strike.

Dude idk the last time you tried air arcade… this is probably the most out of whack description ive ever heard of air arcade…

So smaller teams require less skill but also require more skill? Maybe theres some sort of a language barrier here but this makes no sense.

The possibility of rewards are extremely similar. For every one person on your team, you get one person on the other. Your reward potential is the same.

16 vs 16 in top tier just turns into RNG gameplay which is why some like it. Lower skilled players get to just mindlessly grind. Thats not good for the game.

Its okay to have a high skill threshold. Ground is more popular than air and grounds skill threshold is far higher.

It being hard to do well in a game can make the game far more appealing. New players in Warzone struggle. And do i even need to mention the popularity of hyper hard games like elden ring.

Smaller teams definitely require a bit more skill since you’re less likely to third party people. And thats a good thing.

9 Likes

I want to be able to fight a plane without instantly having 3 other players right with me. 16v16 has ruined gameplay. It leads to nothing but steamrolls, which are by far the worst thing about 16v16. I never have balanced matches after the first engagement, it always ends up in a 1v4+, which rarely happened before. High tier air feels a lot like Arcade. There is no sense of gameplay, just a furball.

8v8 on EC maps might suck, but I don’t think it would be bad for top tier. And once again, that is simply an idea.

I just want to have 12v12 matches back, and for all BRs, not just high tier.

3 Likes

Even before we got AAM, big game was extremely rare lmao

1 Like

You are right that there is less skill needed in order to know the surrounding, but there is much more individual skill needed to win because you have much more of an affect on the match.

So they require more skill? They also don’t give fewer rewards unless you consistently killed 25% of the enemy team in 16v16.

Jet RB and Arcade are both “fly into furball, shoot, hopefully win.” There has never been any 5v5 AAB matches. Go play arcade, and then play RB. You will notice they have a similar formula.

3 Likes

or bring OP plane and spawn camp with 4 man squad lmao

1 Like

Whatever, I would like to see small games below 10.0BR. I don’t want to carry the teams that has x4 extra useless bombers/attackers just like F-84Fs, A-4Es, IL-28 etc.

Smaller teams require less awareness, which is the skill many game players do not hone often.
It’s why the most popular games are 5v5.
The more players, the more you’re a cog in the machine and the more awareness you need for personal survival.

It’s why BF and WT are usually less stressful than other games.
Cog in the machine, which is closer to what war is, is less stressful from a gameplay perspective.

The issue comes from when people from the 5v5 games attuned to that playstyle try to enter a more cog in the machine space like War Thunder.
And instead of learning to be a cog, they get mad that they don’t have the same experience as they do in League or Counter Strike when they really shouldn’t.

That’s what custom battles and tournaments are for.
If I want to 1v1 someone, I DM them on Discord and we go at it for 10 - 60 minutes.

Steamrolls are from 2012, Ion.
The time of the most steamrolls were after Su-17M2 and A-7 were added.
Then Gaijin fixed steam rolls for the most part; the rest is up to players on average getting better at survival.

Smaller teams means faster matches.

1 Like