Skill issue

Granted but that seems to fall into the Bad F’ing Luck basket, as opposed to Gaijin sneaking in a nerf that made flying my PB4Y go from feasible to impossible because a single cannon round from a P-39 or BF-109 completely shoots off my tail, or cuts my fuselage in half, or sets the engines on fire without recovery, etc and now being a bomber pilot is an act of suicidal unplayable idiocy. Then Ham doesn’t want the secret nerf changed because now I’m his chew toy 8(

“Luck basket” is imho just a minor part of the problem - by watching the forum itself over years (and of course observing what happens in your games) you will find various hints that the MM is covering more than most people are aware of - so no conspiracy theories or just bad luck.

Damage models of bombers was always a target for nerfs - even for very experienced pilots just a few models at BR 4.0 - 4.7 (RB) are playable; everthing above is useless for the game result.
The problem with bombers was always that the entry level skill is far too low - despite bomber gameplay is regarding positioning, route choice, gunner skills and overall know-how more demanding than pure fighter gameplay - simply based on the fact that he can’t disengage at will.

So if a bomber pilot wants to survive and to contribute to the team effort to win the match he needs the right plane and much more skill than a “point and click” fighter pilot or “I play Air RB as a bomber to earn SL” pilot.

From my point the OP is right - it looks like that the global trend to lower standards of requirements for all in order to increase the statistical performance of specific groups or to reduce their issues (as seen irl) has left some negative impact on expectation levels of “younger” players in case they meet obstacles.
They learned that frequent complains can replace hard work or actual skill based on knowledge and experience. So they just do this here too.

It simply makes a difference if a veteran player is addressing an actual issue (covering all aspects neutral and sober) or if somebody just asks for gifts or a free lunch.

3 Likes

I sometimes wonder the same

I honestly couldn’t agree more

1 Like

If i am in a fighter etc - i would not prioritise killing a bomber if there are enemy fighters/ interceptors up.
It is a concept lost on many though.
Bombers should be much tougher though, agreed.

1 Like

well said mate.

1 Like

“lawnmowing”… never heard a more accurate description of an air rb prop match these days :]

This is there since i started Air RB 5-6 years ago - in the old (imho boring like hell) axis vs allied world US tankers in AD-2s and AD-4s wiped out pillboxes and other ground targets so fast that 1 B-29 climbing to 11 km could win by tickets 1 vs 8 even in 60 minute matches. There was no red square and on some maps (like until recently the prop version of Spain) they could simply vanish…

And to be fair - it was understandable as the US fighters were simply outclimbed every match. So if you wanted kills you were forced to play axis, and if you wanted to have a challenge borderline to suicide - you played US…

So neither the term nor the behaviour of such pilots are new. The only difference in prop BRs vs today was that there were far less undertiered premium planes like XP-50s or Wyverns in the lobbies, and from my pov the average skill level was way higher…

isn’t that half the fun?
I dont want easy opponents.
The Germans would be above you, but you could and still can meet them at high alt and engage them up there on their terms and you can win, it just aint gonna be easy.
If you dont wanna engage at high alt, outnumbered - hit pillboxes etc or learn to engage without having an advantage.
I just honestly want the challenge, give me all the 109’s and TA-152’s you can muster, i will give em the best i got.
Air RB can be bloody hard but friends and allies are your most important asset, lets help each other to overcome the enemy and not get disheartened when it doesnt work.
Lets live forever!

Idk what you are smoking over there - but it had some similar stuff decades ago on Ibiza…was not bad :-)

If you look for challenges - i recommend for every passionate pilot to fly in a Rank IV 5.0 Axis plane like the 190 D-9 or my Italian P-47 D-30. At least valid for my P-47:

In 90% of your matches you will be part of a small 6 vs 6 or 7 vs 7 team together with 4 Ju 288s (pilots of an elite strike force, just focusing on their targets) against a very often purely US/GB fighter team with 6.0 F2Gs (which completely outclass you) or 6.0 Hornets or 5.7 Premium Spits together with usual US Navy suspects.

You fight as 2 or 3 axis fighters (very often your only non-Ju 288 teammate is the outstanding and fast climbing turnfighter Me 410 B-6 ) vs 5-7 US/GB fighters which usually outperform you in all relevant aspects quite substantially.

If you accept that you lose almost guaranteed 50% of your matches by default you will get rewarded with epic fights in the other 50%.

319 kills, 46 deaths in 278 matches with a WR of 53% is nothing to write home about. But the battles were extremely intense and compared to the usual 16 vs 16 nonsense you can actually influence the outcome of the match…

1 Like

‘‘RUSSIAN BIAS’’ yeah lol, I hate giving excuses. well said mate

May Thor, God of Bomber Pilots,
Bless you for saying that 😁😀😍🎈🎉✨👍

1 Like