Singapore Ground Forces Sub-tree

Singapore has more claim to be an israeli subtree than any suggestion of being a chinese subtree due to the close military links between Singapore and Israel. Your suggestion of it becoming a chinese subtree has completely zero basis regarding vehicles, as our equipment is overwhelmingly western made or derived, barring the use of igla MANPADS. On a military basis, Singapore has similar levels of relations between both japan and china, making it a moot point. Since you bring up the point of culture, why dont american vehicles used only by america be added to the chinese tree since they also have a large population of chinese people? do you realise how little sense you make?

1 Like

i think the general consensus was that chile might end up as the israel sub tree

1 Like

and the general consensus for most singaporeans really is just not to put in china, as evident with the few people that have commented.

4 Likes

Dosnt necessarily confirms it, if anything it being removed may mean that they were speaking without proper confirmation, so we can’t exactly treat it as 100% reliable. That being said I still remain hopeful lol

5 Likes

Removed likely cause they weren’t given permission to talk on the subject.

1 Like

They either said too much, or something wrong. We can’t really know until Gaijin implements what they have planned.

1 Like

A lone statement from a moderator on a devblog on it’s own is not sufficient evidence that confirms an SEA line for Japan. A lot of the things Gaijin has stated aren’t set in stone and is subject to change with very few exceptions

1 Like

In this case, it’s likely that even more stuff goes to Japan than expected.
The biggest attack on WT infrastructure was when Israel was added, yet it blossomed into one of the most unique ground trees in the game.

Singapore to Japan gives JP a potentially heavily armored tank.

1 Like

If Benelux really integrates with France (so now there could be several countries within the same tree) it is most likely that Japan will get several countries in addition to Thailand, like Singapore for example.

5 Likes

Well this is a very interesting option for Israel, it would solve many gaps +1

like thailand i get why they would add to japan because of ww2 but like singapore where do we put that? The british? the chinese? the japenese? the americans? The israelis? A seperate TT?
Anyways here is a poll for where to put singapore in

• The british TT(due to colonial history)
  • The chinese TT(singapore is ethnic chinese and has close ties to china and geography)
  • The japenese TT(honestly, no reason at all except geography and the fact that the japenese TT needs better tanks)
  • The american TT(due to close ties and singapore purchasing american stuff)
  • The israeli TT(due to close ties and singapore using israeli stuff)
  • A seperate TT(they have enough stuff for a seperate TT, and this would avoid controversy)
0 voters
1 Like

Honestly I can see them being added alongside Thailand due to the close ties between the two countries.I know this is a “subtree for a subtree”, but it would be similar to how BeNeLux is added for France next update.

Though I also haven’t talked to enough Singaporeans to really know if they’d even want that, which at the end of the day is the opinion that matters.

Singaporean here, I’ve commented above already, the general consensus is that it would ideally be with the Israeli tree due to the extremely close ties with the Jews as they were the founders of our military, but we generally have no issues having our vehicles scattered everywhere (since realistically speaking it came from literally everywhere).

However, the majority here strongly rejects the idea of Singapore going to China as we have 0 (zero) military ties with them, have no equipments acquired from them and have had issues regarding our military vehicles being impounded by them too.

1 Like

What not being a Singaporean does to a foreigner. I’m sorry but as another user above has pointed out, our ethnicity in this country is as mixed as blended fruit juice, saying that we are ethnically Chinese is highly incorrect and inappropriate, as you’ve just ignored the remainder of the races and ethnicity that makes up the rest of Singaporeans representing Singapore.

Edit: here’s an example of China screwing us over

6 Likes

Sorry what close ties does singapore have with china? other than the fact that lots of china immigrants come to sg because the prospect is better for them personally?

Kindly please keep yourself safe again thanks

2 Likes

On ethnicity i was saying they are majority chinese, i know singapore also has a huge malaysian and indian population and has many cultures. I have been there before.

0?
check this out then
https://www.mindef.gov.sg/web/portal/mindef/news-and-events/latest-releases/article-detail/2023/August/28aug23_nr

economic ties and mil excercises

And you’ll usually realise that only the infantries are involved as none of our military vehicles take part in the exercise. For obvious security reasons we don’t send vehicles over to train with them, but for political reasons we still do exercises with them, unlike the bilateral ties with Thailand, the US, Australia etc where our vehicles and special forces are sent to their countries for training or exercises.

So if you want to put it that way, sure we technically have military ties with them, but it’s about as reluctant as the Koreans and Japanese performing trilateral military exercises with the US.

2 Likes

And I’m telling you that identifying Singapore by ethnicity is highly inappropriate, as we do not identify ourselves by race, religion or ethnicity, but by the fact that we as a whole are Singaporeans on a national level.

Edit: it’s like calling Americans ethnically British because the independence of USA is still by the British that has claimed the country to be their own land.

3 Likes