Should Gaijin add missiles in the F-89D?

Gaijin added Mighty Mouse Rockets on the F-89D with Proxy Fuse. But IRL it carries AIM-4 Falcon missiles and AIR-2 Geine rockets.

1 Like

do you anything to back this statement up with?

There’s this NORTHROP F-89 SCORPION

https://www.williammaloney.com/Aviation/AirMobilityCommandMuseum/OtherExhibits/pages/20FalconAirToAirMissile.htm

While the AIM-4s would be a interesting addition, they would also mean a BR increase.

Yes, why is the entire 1st generation missile lineup missing from the US tree?

There’s like 7 missing aircraft and 8 Falcon variants totally unaccounted for. We just go straight from P-80 to F-104.

4 Likes

I’m down, I love using the F-89D. Feels wrong to use at 7.0 most of the time though.

That’s clearly not an F-89D though.

2 Likes

If they added the Air-2-Genie to the F-89D it would be OP at 12.7

That’s just the photo, the article goes on to explain some detail - it’s just a museum write-up but I’m sure there’s official (unclassified) documentation out there.

It’ll be fine:
Nuclear Explosion GIF

Yeah… Like I want the F3D-2M that can carry aim-7’s. I made a suggestion for it, but it got denied for some reason…

2 Likes

Its lethal blast radius isn’t great IRL. It could probably be balanced in-game. The real issue would be GRB and runway strafing which would be a 1-shot win game button.

1 Like

Well The Scorpion can carry AIM-4s and AIR-2 geines. But however Gaijin wouldn’t add the geine due to the act of them being a nuclear unguided rocket. In short words: It will be a nuclear bomb/missile.

Why? the Starfighter carries AIM-7s AIM-9s, & AIM-4s.

fr but i need premium.

AIM-4s won’t be at a high BR. But if gaijin would to add them it would be chaos.

The AIR-2 Genies can’t get a radar lock due to them being Unguided–Nuclear-Rockets [UNR].

Eh, the radar-guided AIM-4s would have performance somewhere akin to the AIM-7C as far as I am aware, they could fit in at ~8.7 without too much issue.

1 Like

What we have in game is the F-89D, which only carried unguided rockets.

Only F-89H (6x Falcon) and F-89J (4x Falcon plus 2x Genie) carried missiles, but not the 89D…

But I’m all for adding various Falcon variants to the game along with aircraft that carried them…

3 Likes

Honestly if they removed the proximity fuze from the rockets and gave it the AIM-4 it would most likely go down in BR because of how bad the AIM-4 is

for comparison it’s worse than the AIM-9B and doesn’t even the a proximity fuze

At the same time though, the AIM-4s could pull ~20Gs, which would make them usable at 8.7, the IR guided AIM-4s would be totally fine at 8.7 as well due to the lack of a proximity fuse