The Sholef at 7.3 isn’t very good, is it? Seriously, the sight zoom is absolute garbage, and the autoloader isn’t exactly impressive either. I say this because there are much better alternatives at that BR. I mean, the autoloader just lets you fire two shells every 7.5 seconds, but once they’re gone, it takes 25 seconds to reload. I think I’d actually prefer the M109 Paladin’s reload speed, even without an autoloader. Seriously, having the Type 99 at 7.3—with a good sight and better overall responsiveness—makes the Sholef’s placement seem a bit absurd. Or even worse, the AS90 at 7.0: it has a 5-second reload for the first two shells and 10 seconds for the rest, all while having a better sight and better responsiveness. Anyway, I’m open to criticism, but I’m really not convinced the Sholef is worth a 7.3 BR. Just because it’s built on a Merkava chassis (which is completely useless, by the way) doesn’t mean it deserves that BR, given its many flaws. I would have pegged it at 7.0.
Then there’s the AuF1 at 6.7; I don’t think War Thunder will ever stop hating the French. Anyway, its situation isn’t as bad as the Sholef’s—it could potentially be okay at 6.7—but I’d just like to know where that 584 m/s muzzle velocity for the M107 shell comes from, as it’s often a problem. That said, I do think 6.7 is a reasonable BR for the AuF1.
It is hard to find an explanation for vehicles that are in the game but cannot be used for their intended purpose.
Then there is the issue of shell velocities, which are absurd given that propellant charges vary. For instance, the OE 155 56 round weighs 43.8 kg and has a velocity of 810 m/s, whereas the M107 weighs 43.1 kg and has a velocity of 580 m/s. How is it possible for one shell to be significantly faster than the other when they weigh almost the same? Is it a matter of one being fired with two propellant charges and the other with three? Why can’t the M107 be used with three charges to achieve a velocity exceeding 810 m/s?
They should simply assign the maximum velocity to every shell and then allow players to choose the propellant charges to be used.
Main issue is the proxy fuse round is way slower speed than the main shell, when it had better rounds it could fire, ideally ones with high velocity, there even was a bug report of it accepted 3 years ago saying instead of it having M107PF and OE 155 mle 56, it should have rounds that are higher velocity.
I’m sure there’s other things besides the higher velocity but for me that’s the main issue I have with it, I would’ve rather it stayed at 7.0 and it receive better rounds, and if it did get those better rounds it could serve as a sudo AA for the French 7.7 line