Shenyang J-11, J-16, J-15, History, Performance & Discussion

R-77s literally wobbles and has trash range… i’ve hit multiple times with PL-12s at 25/30Km.

Just check this for my claims on R77s, i’m not saying they’re trash but they don’t have the range atm.
It is Defyn, so a reliable opinion.

This seems to be true. It gets chaffed too easily. I expected this missile to be the best but doesn’t seem to be the case. Probably artificially nerfed like the aam4

The PL-12 has a shorter burn time than the R-77 and I also should mention that I’ve seen probably 2 or 3 kills so far with the PL-12 (in my matches). The vast majority of kills are the AIM-120, MICA-EM or R-77.

The R-77s also pull nearly as twice as hard as the PL-12s whilst having a much larger explosive mass. Most people who’ve used the PL-12 also claim it to be absolute dog sh*t and it probably is.

Guess what, PL-12s only sits in pairs of 2 on the J8F, its logical that you won’t see as many kills dude… like think about it. Like it is literally math… The F15C has up to 8 AIM-120, and the AIM-120 sits on the F16C, result? you get plenty of AIM-120s, R77s and MICAs compared to PL-12s since… you have 2 PL-12s per J8F…

I’ve played with it and to me it feels fine lol. It pulls 38gs so its fine, same with AIM-120, you don’t necessarily need 50+G to have a good missile, considering it is fox3. The AIM-120 is one of the best performing fox3s and has barely 35Gs but people use it confidently in close range and IT WORKS.

Also the burn time is not the only stat that has to be considered, if the missile burns longer but has less output of overall energy it doesn’t make the missile better. Also the PL-12 has a sustainer, according to this: Guided weaponry data (in-game values) Honorable mention for Jaek_ for making amazing videos on missile on YouTube If you want to reach enlightment, then you have to spade the Italian heli line, no talisman/ premium/ boosters - Google Drive the R77 doesn’t.

Talking about warhead, the PL-12 has less compared to the R77 but more compared to the AIM-120, with the latter being prolly the best missile in game.

That argument would make sense if it wasn’t for the fact I’ve played 150 battles so far since the update dropped (including only Air RB), even if it does carry 2 missiles which I’m already aware of it should add up.

I’ve played with it and to me it feels fine lol. It pulls 38gs so its fine, same with AIM-120, you don’t necessarily need 50+G to have a good missile, considering it is fox3

Any form of pro is still a pro, the R-77 has a lot of advantages over the PL-12 and the biggest difference is the burn time for the engine and the amount of g-force it can pull.

Also the burn time is not the only stat that has to be considered, if the missile burns longer but has less output of overall energy it doesn’t make the missile better

Well it does matter when you are talking about the wobble, it will be more present when the missile slows down and a longer burn time prevents this for a longer duration.

Clip of the R-77 outranging the PL-12

Talking about warhead, the PL-12 has less compared to the R77 but more compared to the AIM-120, with the latter being prolly the best missile in game

This would make a difference if the R-77 didn’t have a advantage in nearly all aspects, I mentioned this because this is ANOTHER advantage the R-77 holds, you are underplaying it to make it seem dogsh*t horrible which it isn’t.

So will you just ignore the fact that the AIM-120 is pretty much the same in terms of stats as the PL-12, has less warhead, less burn time etc… but is better compared to the R77s in basically everything not counting Gs? More burn time doesn’t equal more energy.

How am i supposed to comment on a still frame img that doesn’t show how the testing was done lol.

1 Like

Clearly stated the contrary here:

lol

Missile test including all Fox 3 missiles, the range was 40km and speed 903km/h at a altitude of 960m.

When was the testing done and give the full clip if you want to argue with that.
I’ve been waiting for anybody to do tests AFTER the update dropped but so far i haven’t seen vids on my yt homepage.

This test was done during the developer server and is the only full Fox 3 test available on YouTube, here is the full clip:

There you go, the test is not useful. The missiles weren’t finished in the Dev server and most of them were literally placeholder, i’ll wait for a test on the live server to judge.

4 Likes

Then how about I get someone with R-77s since I already have PL-12s and settle it tomorrow, don’t be shocked if the R-77 out outperform it.

They had their unique chrematistics already, the only copy was the Derby and R-Darter lmao (of the AIM-120), small changes were done and the only major difference was the MICA-EM which had a major overhaul.

The AAM-4 is pretty different compared to the test server, i wouldn’t know about the PL-12s since NOBODY made any vids on it lol.

Well I had the PL-12 in the developer server and now, the only real difference was the loft, it was decreased since it seemed to loft a little too much (aka it didn’t change much like I said).

The AAM-4 is pretty different compared to the test server

Yeah I wasn’t including that since to be real nobody besides a small player base cares about that, it wasn’t even included in nearly all tests.

Don’t know, once again i haven’t seen any tests and i only have seen R77s thanks to DEFYN’s video so i can’t fully judge but PL-12s IMO still felt nice to play with.

@TPS_Hydra Btw i got AIM-120s if you need help for the testing.

1 Like

The PL-12 seems to have the exact same issue. Firing at long ranges, the missile wobbles unnecessarily & can’t build up its energy for long flight. The range seems to be sort of artificially cut off by this as it loses too much energy to maneuver well over longer ranges. PL-12 is seemingly inferior to AMRAAM rn, only benefiting from the fact it can fight people who have never seen a fox-3 before and have no clue what to do.

The missile isn’t performing well, and it has negatively effected the efficiency of all other systems on the jet due to the increase in BR. Where the J-8F used to have 6 top class missiles for the BR, it now has only 2. Where the FM used to be competitive for 11.7, it’s now sub par vs F-15/16s. While you can still get kills with the PL-12, it has not been a good thing for the J-8F in its current implementation.

4 Likes

Prolly but the point is either we see the PL-12s on the J8F this patch, like this, or we don’t see them until the next update.