Shenyang J-11, J-16, J-15, History, Performance & Discussion

I also read unreliable/inaccurate news sources too, I think we would be lying if we said we never did. But sometimes it can cause users some cognitive dissonance when the unreliable news sources they’ve read don’t line up with in-game performance of their favorite vehicles which means that those users never made careful to separate speculation from reality.

Problem is ideally I wouldn’t come to a conclusion except maybe to further look into it and see what sources they used, atleast not like how I used to be taking news organization for truth, especially stuff like Jane’s.

The only thing the J-16’s radar needs over the J-10’s radar is higher range. “power” as a variable in radar configs only affects how visible the radar is on RWR afaik and is practically useless. Other than that, the KJ-16 is configured just like every other AESA radar at top tier except for the fact that it has a significantly better ACM/HMD mode than anything else (26 km range)

2 Likes

Its sukhoi grampa

1 Like

But Chinese radars don’t have that full horizontal scan mode like the Rafale or Typhoon have (not the extra gimbal angle, I mean).Though that scan mode isn’t really used all that often anyway.

A shame we dont even have that to any noticable extent.
At the same time as some other 14.7 got its engines, radar and centerline weapons based entirely on
“Might”
“Could have”
“Potentially”
and “Possibly in the future” as if its nothing.

2 Likes

Bet.

the J-15T is probably my favorite plane to use in Nuke Thunder. It’s a shame I can’t use the Carriers tho.

you can on red side

Yeah but Kuznetsov has a issue where you just fall through the carrier.

Plus I wouldn’t trust a full fuel, fully loaded (x6 Pl-12A, x4 Pl-8B, x4 YJ-91) J-15T to launch off the Kuznetsov without flopping into the water.

why would you need full fuel?

30mins on the J-15 is more than enough

the exact same loadout i use as well and took off from the kuznetsov with

I like to Climb, Loiter around and shove Pl-12s in peoples faces after I fore off my YJ-91s.

I could probably take less fuel. But I usually land with about 10-15 minutes remaining.

so you take atleast 10 mins too much fuel that makes your flight performance worse

I have 10 minutes extra fuel incase I need to go defensive or get into some close range fight.

Do not question my methods Ronaldo.
Shhh Cat GIFs | Tenor

2 Likes

those 10 minutes of fuel will be detrimental for a close range fight

all i am hearing here is that you need to learn to manage your afterburner and not fly at full throttle the whole time

The Afterburner will stay on until morale improves.

2 Likes

image

13 Likes

image

7 Likes

The j16 feels so good flight model wise, I NEED the J11BG or BGH with the WS10B series 3 asap! ill sell my soul for it

6 Likes

J-15T double pylon? We do have, what we don’t have, is any documents regarding radar performance of J-16 and J-15T’s aesa radars as they are not for sale so there’s very little we can do about them.

1 Like

image

Actually, in reality, the J-15T can also carry a heavier and more powerful hypersonic anti-ship missile, the YJ-15. As for the full-load condition you mentioned, the Kuznetsov’s ski-jump takeoff may indeed be insufficient, but we have a better electromagnetic catapult launch on the Fujian.

1 Like