Shenyang J-11, J-16, J-15, History, Performance & Discussion

It’s not speculation, it’s a fact, we are talking about the country that holds the monopoly on the processing of rare earth materials, as well as their production and handling

chinese radars are already based on gallium nitride, whereas western ones use gallium arsenide, this is a strong indication that they have achieved remarkable proficiency in radar production

3 Likes

Cool story. Now prove any of that is used in the radar of the J-16 J-15T J-10C etc.

While true. It means nothing. As I said pointless cope

that is exactly why we are discussing this, I can’t prove it, and neither can you, but by all indications, I am more likely to be right than you are, it stands to reason that my claims are far more reasonable than yours

4 Likes

gaijin doesn’t need proof, it just needs to be coerced, as many things on this forum have already demonstrated

3 Likes

Im not saying you’re wrong… im saying pointless cope won’t get you anywhere.

Im saying your basing unknown radar performance on speculation

1 Like

for you it’s pointless, for me, it isnt

So, I’ll say what I have to say

speculation means making assumptions without concrete data, everything I said is concrete and based on data

Especially since I didn’t commit to the radar’s actual performance, I just said it’s more likely to be wrong than right

3 Likes

Ok show me concrete data on Chinese radars used in the J-15T J-16 J-10C or pretty much any aircraft in use.

everything you claim on these is speculation as there is literally no info available on them

If the radar is chinese, made in china, and they have developed superior aesa radar technology, how can it be said that there is no information about it?

How can one assume that it would be exactly the same as an export radar from the first generation of AESA radars?

3 Likes

Then can you show the “concrete data” showing higher antenna elements density and greater transmission power without resorting to showing some random AESA models put up for advertisement display?

Just because they hold a monopoly on the raw materials and refined materials doesn’t mean they necessarily have the best utilization of said materials.

So do provide some proof they’re somehow better than any other contemporaries

I’ve already listed the names of a few things above, you can also search for them on your own computer, Aerospace Global News, Grey Dynamics, …and many others I mentioned these because they have a decent reputation in the west

I don’t keep every article or document I read in my wallet, because I’m just a guy who enjoys this as a hobby, but I guarantee that if you take an hour to read you’ll easily reach the same conclusion as me

3 Likes

So… Speculation. Without concrete evidence on any of your claims

In fact, it doesnt necessarily mean that, but that is what happened in this case, the west wouldnt be trying to replicate this technology if it werent superior

that is something you are stating to convince yourself

Yap fest

forum activities are supposed to be about discussion

Unfortunately they don’t have decent reputation. I think the one that has the best reputation in the west might just be AviationWeek but that is a paywalled news organization.

Just to give you a heads-up, western organizations are notoriously inaccurate and unreliable when it comes to Chinese or Eastern equipment in general. I would say these organizations are also inaccurate and unreliable when it comes to US/NATO equipment even, making very wrong statements that deviate from primary sources.

For example there’s US third-party organizations that will say AIM-120C-8 has GNSS and is effectively the same as AIM-120D but for export, but the US government themselves said AIM-120C-8 does not have GNSS.

Ok then what do you want, more range more scan speed?

yeah, no matter how unreliable a news site might be, I read them all, not everything you read there is going to be waste of time, and some things actually have real value

that’s why I dont just read about the military sector, I also check technology in general, especially space programs, etc, since those are also good indicators, thats why I said, take an hour to specifically research this, and you’ll at least reach a conclusion similar to mine

I don’t want anything, I’m just saying the radar is fake, but as others have said, there’s no data specifically about the radar, all my statement means is that the day we know something publicly, it will probably be better than what we’re seeing in the game now, that’s all