Shenyang J-11, J-16, J-15, History, Performance & Discussion

😍😍😍

1 Like

That would be horrific, a SU-27SM counterpart with the SPO-15LM is not a thing I’d like to see. Why did Gaijin even bother with the J-11A when they could’ve just added the near complete domestic J-11B instead.

Unless 4 is meant to be the KJ8602A RWR

That’s Belarusian mod cockpit.

1 Like

Interesting, however they still should not label it not a bug. It is a bad judgment call imo.

Reason being is that if the variants are truly this undefined as they proclaim, then that means this J-11A is entitled to all the modifications of the J-11A that are in service.

I am invested in the Chinese tree as my second main nation in aviation besides the Soviet Union. But I am not privy to the details as you guys are. I am rooting for ya’ll & I hope you get everything desired and more.

I will be really bummed if we do not at least get PL-12…

1 Like

I mean i agree that finding info on the J11A seems to be a little bit confusing and might be a real struggle in terms of factual things. Still i think Gaijin knows how many possibilities the Chinese tech tree has since both Air, Ground and naval (once and if they get to modern ships) thrive in modern day equipment.
We simply will have to wait for the next few updates, I’m pretty convinced the J10A will be here by the end of the year.

1 Like

More reasons as to why I would have preferred a J10, and yes it’s my favorite CN plane LOL

1 Like

IMHO J-16 should be after JH-7A as end of strike / multirole aircraft line and the J-11D or J-11BG should be end of heavy figter line

2 Likes

I see…

This all seems a little weird, in situations like this when a variant is not as easily defined should be the exact moment GJ seizes opportunity to develop a model as unique & special as they could (within reason of course).

Because unfortunately so many vehicles are copy pasted out of necessity & as easy as that may be from a project development perspective, it’s not good for business.

I see the J-11A as perfect opportunity to not copy paste & offer users of this nation something to talk about & drive incentive to get others to invest in the tech tree.

I would assume the goal is to get everyone invested in other trees. As many as possible. It simply makes more money. Copy paste Flankers will not do this.
It did not work for F-104s, F-5, F-16 etc. Or maybe it did & I am just clueless. I did not see the sales figures for each vehicle whose research was accelerated with GE.

I still think it’s a good sign the jury is still out on the J-11A. I think something will come. Not sure what.

1 Like

well kind of debatable since the J16 is one of the two reasons why the J11D never became a thing. I guess they could add the Multirole tag and put it in that line but i see it more fitting in a Shenyang line for the sake of origin, you could see it in the same way as the Mig and Sukhoi line.

1 Like

I totally agree that the constant copy and paste doesn’t get better sales, but we have to consider that the game has main mechanics and nations that need to be worked on. From my knowledge every nation has a separate team so the individual progression of everyone doesn’t conflict.
Anyway we can hope to see some good stuff coming later this year, remember that most of the big hitters come with the last update of the year and Gaijin might be saving F18s and J10s for that.

1 Like

Yeah but I have said this so many times over the years is if we keep kicking the can down the road we will always be begging for a new aircraft before the one we are getting is even released. Then again, what can we do?

Lol isn’t that nuts to think about?? The jet has not even come out & we are all completely over it!

It happens to a nation at least one an update.

3 Likes

It looks like we will be and I think that is absolutely incredible.

Truly props to all who have been ontop of that as there were many that were judgmental as to whether it will get PL-12s or not.

Absolutely AMAZING news and cannot wait to see it ingame!!!

Everyone who whips out the J-11 better kick hard ass in it.

2 Likes

I’m still fairly Certain that J11A can’t mount PL-12, even though i enjoy Chinese Aviation i do not want to ahistorically buff J-11A.

Q3 patch maybe we’ll see the arrival of J-11B and the J-11A will go into a folder with J-11.

4 Likes

so, the rwr issue failed when I’m away, right? Seems the evidence is not clear enough

The J-11B is the equivalent of the Su-27SM not the J-11A.
i am ok with they J-11A being in game but i would rather have the J-11B.
Maybe fold them together?

1 Like

I respect this 100%

I am getting chased with shovels & pitch forks for saying anything remotely similar any Soviet fighters.

I hope they just make it a MLU update & hold the MLU portion of the name out of it.

Nobody wants any ahistorical buffs for anything.

I do believe it can and I do respect your opinion but I am for it.

What I am not for is ahistorical buffs and this in my opinion is not one.

I don’t think except for the heli tree anything is split though, so if they’re not prepared to start that in air/ground they can simply complete the bomber line with JH7A, since they soviets have that.

We only really get PL12 in J11B, since there are avionic improvements, but it will be in game carried by J8F, which should make it a little better, except the fact that it is now a stretched Mig21 standing at 12.3.

After all J11As do carry R77s
We can see its a J11A due to the wing tips, patches of colour on the nose and AL31F engine. The distinct features of R77 are also present.

1 Like