Shenyang J-11, J-16, J-15, History, Performance & Discussion

1st is J11 (baseline)

2nd is J11A (dev)

completely identical

That shouldn’t even be!! lol

if the pl-12 gets added their will be a reason to get this over the Russian one even if the radar is the old one

What radar does it currently have ingame?

And it should be getting PL-12s any second now thank god.

I am already ready to GE it if we get an actual Chinese Flanker.

GJ is playing games. They can literally just call it the MLU, right?
Just like we received the Taiwanese F-16 MLU.

We can have two unique Flankers in the game.

It depends because some were refurbished like the J11A to J11A MLU, it has slight difference to the original J11 and has chinese equipment. Default J11 should still be in russian

Same as the old Su27, it won’t get PL12 since it is J11A, not B which means it is just a full domestic production version of SU27SK-PB39, minor improvements are made to the planes for J11As in good maintenance in 2011, some are upgraded to J11A MLU, but ultimately they can not fire fox-3s it should be the MLU version that is capable. Some suggested that they improved the avionics and radar through Belarus so it can, but I did not find any real evidence for it.

I mean the bug report with the PL-12 for the J-11A has been acknowledged and passed as a suggestion, of course they might list it as a “non-bug” once they verify the sources and check stuff, but from what i’ve seen even gaijin themselves seem to be confused on what is a MLU and what isn’t. The prime example of it is the F-16 MLU that lacks all of its ordinance.

1 Like

Nothing for the J-11A for this latest update. Not that I can tell…

I do not think so. The developer would have already & easily told the Moderators to deny it from the gate.

The fact that it’s been acknowledged this long is evident they are debating it or is already making the necessary changes to implement the missile. It is a good sign it’s still acknowledged.

My honest opinion (rather hope) is that they will offer the J-11A MLU instead of just blindly adding the missile. It would limit players who want to criticize the Chinese aircraft as “fictional”.

However, this depends on if the J-11A MLU has substantial visual changes or not. Did it? compared to the J-11A? Was it just the wing tip pylons? Or is there other?

I believe the MLU is the best option. We can use PL-8s or potentially the better version of it (wich is not hard to model but may take additional time). This choice would be nothing but a win for Gaijin Entertainment this update as everyone would love it.

Then again, I am happy for just the PL-12. Remember MANY nations at top tier received two types of ARH this update… Not even the Taiwanese F-16A MLU received the Aim-120…

2 Likes

9949a691-20dd-4131-8cbc-7794f2c8716a
@Smin1080p Sorry to ping. But is it a bug? It should be “large caliber countermeasures” like other Su-27.

1 Like

Probably a bug, there’s already a bug report for that.

1 Like

This is partly due to there not being any document on J11A MLU, many bug reports have been closed since there is a lack of official acknowledge on there really is J11A MLU and not just J11A. We can see there are differences like

the MAWS are only on some J11A, but that is not confirmed.
This could show a J11 carrying two R77, but we can not distinguish the plane from below.

2 Likes

Which keeps on begging the question of why not a J11B, and if they didn’t feel like giving a flanker that was so advanced then go for a J10A.

4 Likes

Hmmm… How can they close bug reports because the aircraft type has not been officially determined?

Nothing found on the dev server (unless advertised in devblog) is official & is not guaranteed to come to the game at all.

That means any bug report on the Sea Harrier FA.2 F-15C’s, Aim-120A, Aim-120B, MICAs, Derby, AAM-4 & should be closed as well without proper review.

That is not happening for those models to my knowledge. I believe it is a mistake to close any reports based on that.

4.jpg.a3ca44988a0f274bb855abd0e73689c5
J11A cockpit ??, we can clearly see in this photo that there is a new multifunction screen
j11amlucockpit

1 Like

No as in we can’t confirm irl there is such a thing as J11A MLU, and not just J11A, since they are the only J11As left in service. The point is that MLU will have ground loadouts to match or at least brings CAS capabilities. The current dev j11A is the supposed MLU version with extra MAWs, but we were unable to prove that there really was a thing called MLU, and therefore the report was labelled not a bug.

First one don’t think so since everything is in Russian and J11As all have completely made in China stuff. Although it’s possible to be one of the earlier Su-27SK-PB38/PB39 which have been updated to the MLU standard? The second one could be since it is a J11A next to it.

My guess is that there need to be an overhaul of the current tech tree for J-10 and it will probably be very difficult for China to have another new WWII line to stretch into J-10, but its possible to simply move the Q5/JH7As into bomber line like Russian tech tree. And then J-10 to fit in with Il-10 line, but its difficult still to fill the line unless we have another level 5/6 vacancy like RC line in level 4.

Simply divide the lines at the end? they’ve never done it but it could be an option wouldn’t it?

Honestly this seems pretty straightforward to me, you’ll have a line for Chengdu (j-10A/B/C etc…) a line for Shenyang (all Sino-Flankers) and the Taiwanese line on the far left side plus a line for attackers and a line for the eventual (kind of what if) addition of modern strategic bombers such as the H-6 and its variants.

(excuse my poor artistic skills but this is what i can offer you with a mouse)

5 Likes