Shenyang J-11, J-16, J-15, History, Performance & Discussion

What J-11 gets the Wingtip pylons the taper downward? they look really cool to me.

No they are just Electronic Countermeasure Pod which are only seen on J11A since J11B has them inside the body. Only the J11B therefore has the L-shaped wing tip PL8 loadouts.

1 Like

As seen in this photo, the J11BS would have wing tip PL8s and not ECK and are able to carry PL-12 rather than R77

1 Like

That one does not have the MAWS like the one we have why not?

I see. I do not know why but they look really cool to me

That’s a J11BS which have MAWs already so there is no need for additional MAWs since they are introduced in 2010 to J11As as an upgrade.

1 Like

the installation position of MAWS has changed.

1 Like

F-16A Block 20 MLU 2007 full armament switch between Chengdu J-10A & J-10B, AIDC F-CK-1A located before F-16A MLU. and after JH-7A it’s JH-7A2

But Chengdu J-7IIM & J-7G before F-16A Block 20 MLU or Shenyang J-8F ?

Now china tech tree lack 4th generation fighter aircraft 13.0 from PLA Naval Air Force ?

Shenyang J-11B & J-11BH with domestic chinese avionics, engine & armaments

1 Like

“F-16A Block 20 MLU 2007 full armament switch between Chengdu J-10A & J-10B, AIDC F-CK-1A located before F-16A MLU. and after JH-7A it’s JH-7A2”

F-16s and FCKs in the taiwanese line, by JH7A i meant the II one.

“But Chengdu J-7IIM & J-7G before F-16A Block 20 MLU or Shenyang J-8F ?”

Ofc under the J8F, these are mainland planes.

I can only seem to see one on the tail thing, I can’t find any other ones.

J-7E is a Chengdu aircraft

We have documentation stating otherwise though and it is currently being suggested to devs to implement the PL-12 so we will see about that!

Documentation that supports it, and there’s also Documentation against it.

There is also no photographical evidence.

2 Likes

Didn’t someone as of recently post new photos regarding that, that was not the RVV

and regardless with no photo documentation,

document vs document why not hope for the + side since we all want a nice and competent sino flanker yes?!

Not that it isn’t competent without the PL-12s but it is just a nice domestic addition :P

It is far too late to change the position of something like the J-7E.
I think it would make sense to start from the J11 and J10 since it is when the two corporations go for their designs (Shenyang being more inclined to the flankers and Chengdu having more of a western philosophy)

1 Like

I have only seen R77 on the J11A, but if you have the documentation I would love to be not grinding for another copy and paste vehicle.

2 Likes

have already posted multiple times but thats besides the point.

The bug report got acknowledged, closed and suggested to devs so let us just eagerly wait! :D

Have to give props to the people who have been working on that bug report consistently, I had no idea it was even open and now its even been suggested to huge win for sure.

Actually it is a J11B, not a twin-seat J11BS.

Sorry, just what I was searching up for, didn’t check the number of seats. xD

Hopefully we get to see that by the end of the dev server

1 Like