Shenyang J-11, J-16, J-15, History, Performance & Discussion

Same… although I could find other photos of that slide from the same exercise, I could not find the exact one the reporter posted anywhere. It is up to him to find more about it.

1 Like

The J-11A is starting to look more like a joke than anything at this point lmao.

5 Likes

If the devs themselves do not even have the sources on what modifications were made, then why the hell did they think it was a good idea to add it? They could’ve given us the long overdue J-10A or just bit the bullet and let China have the better Flanker as the J-11B…

9 Likes

Go figure

[DEV] J-11A missing MAW // Gaijin.net // Issues
Good news! It says “fixed”. We will get a J11A with bad RWR but MAWS.

J-11A now has MAWS in dev server. Small win but still more effort is needed for other changes. Hope we will at least see PL-12 which was also passed.

You got the link for the PL-12 one?

1 Like

[DEV] J11A can be able to fire PL12 // Gaijin.net // Issues

4 Likes

Nah the KH29 just got stealth nerfed so that the laser lock can not be done over 10km and the lock is easy to miss now. I kinda want Chinese missiles.

I noticed the same thing, i had a really good time with the KH29 mounted on the JH7A but i’ve seen a big drop in performance.

Can you guys test this MAWS? I find that it is not as our source says “15km, 360°×90°”. Sometimes I only receive the warning very close, or even not until I get killed. So, I wish if someone can test and report it as a bug.

Here are the lines related to MAW:
“type”: “mlws”,
“name”: “S740”,
“range”: 7500.0,
“band0”: true,
“band1”: true,
“band2”: true,
“matchSector”: 10.0,
“signalHoldTime”: 3.0,
“closureRateMin”: 100.0,
“angularRateMax”: 10.0,
“signalSfxName”: “alarm_launch_detected”,
“automaticFlares”: true,
“flaresSeriesInterval”: 1.0,
“numFlares”: 4,
“flaresInterval”: 0.1,
“receivers”: {
“receiver”: [
{
“azimuth”: 0.0,
“elevation”: 0.0,
“azimuthWidth”: 180.0,
“elevationWidth”: 90.0,
“angleFinder”: true
},
{
“azimuth”: -180.0,
“elevation”: 0.0,
“azimuthWidth”: 180.0,
“elevationWidth”: 90.0,
“angleFinder”: true
}

I am not an expert in reading the files, but i guess the covered angles are about right (2 x 180°×90°) but the range is 7500 (i guess the unit is meter) only

So did they give up on the cockpit or am I missing some key details?

J-11

J-11A

OK, maybe because of the High throw trajectory, AIM120 can fly out of the covered angles when comes into 7.5km. Extends it to 15km may do some help. However, I rememver 1080p says datamines cannot be a evdience of bug report. We need a test in game.

Nice!!! It got submitted as a suggestion!!! No way!!!

You guys are awesome.

God bless

1 Like

Is it possible to distinguish a J11A from J11A MLU from below? This picture apparently shows J11A carrying a R77. This is a J11A as the EW kit is still on the end of the wings, plus the protruding colours on the nose which are only present for J11A. The engine is also of dark colouring signature to the AL31F.

There is one rejected already for the images not clear enough and third party sources although we have stated that having clear info on these in service fighters are difficult.

Sent the same image twice I think, everything is identical, altitude, speed, throttle, position of stuff on the ground, heading from airfield and placement of things on the minimap

1 Like

YehaHahaha

HUD seems to be in chinese but everything else is identical to the base J11.

And it seems the base J11 has the CN HUD as well now