Shenyang J-11, J-16, J-15, History, Performance & Discussion

Hi guys good job all working hard on making sure thr J-11A gets properly polished.

If it is actually based on the 2015 product we should be pushing for all the upgrades and updates up to 2015.

If I can help anyone please give me a shout I would love to help!!

2 Likes

So… from what i’ve seen we need some work on two bug reports:
1 - Community Bug Reporting System “RWR”

The employee said: You need to provide the following information about the source:
Title and if applicable: publication date, document number, ISBN;
Author or organisation;
Image of the cover;
Images of all the referenced pages and their page numbers;
References for photographs;

So that requires some help i guess

2 - Community Bug Reporting System “RADAR”

as far as i’ve seen the bug report has only one “usable” source for the bug itself and needs another one to confirm it, so if you have any sources that can help in that regard it would be perfect.

4 Likes

I will look into it later and post here again.

Will mention you, thanks for sharing.

Working together like this is awesome :D

2 Likes

I’ve got 2 books coming in the mail later this week/2 weeks out; Modern Chinese Military Aircraft 1990-Present & Chinese Air Power: Current Organisation and Aircraft of all Chinese Air Forces. Hopefully they will have some additional information that can be used.

5 Likes

Linked the RWR report by wangkexhzijun in the combined reports RWR section.

From what I can see it likely has enough information to pass now, so it may just be the radar report missing 1 secondary source we have to tackle.

4 Likes

Yeah this is a bit tougher than expected.

Looking for info that originates from Chinese sources is extreme but glad progress is being made.

2 Likes

Any progression is good progression.

3 Likes

themilitary-20240604-204331-0001-i5ZKfPeO
themilitary-20240604-204327-0002-iV4YdDoE
themilitary-20240604-204323-0004-1TiKVMhw

J-11A with PL-12

4 Likes

If i’m not mistaken the first three images show a missile between the air intakes that is supposed to be (by other people) a r27 training round. I’m totally clueless on this topic tbf.

R77 training round

1 Like

yeah, R77s. I also saw somebody talk about R27 bc of size issues but at this point im pretty sure its not a PL-12.

4th image does appear to be a Pl-12, same fin structure. The other images I agree that they are R-73 and R-77 training rounds

But it’s not J-11a/a mlu, Chinese wingtip pylons

Can anyone give me the information about the Chinese copy of Fullback? Just curious about Chinese Su-34s.
Thanks.

The PL-12 carring aircraft in the fourth image is a J-11B.

Doesn’t exist.

rwr is not a bug now…

no such things, the closest one is J-16, which is fully capable of using large amount of guided weapons. But SU-34 is too special, it sacrifices some air to air ability to do CAS, parallel cockpit, cockpit armor, etc.

Yeah it seems that the sources aren’t specific enough, on the report the employee said: Sources have been verified. All but the presentation do not even mention the name RWR.
The only source with the name is a photo of the presentation with no attribution, and it is unclear whether the RWR is installed on the J-11A or not. It is not clear how it should differ from the SPO-15.

If there are other sources indicating the characteristics RLK 207C/D and installation of the RWR on the J-11A, create a new report

It may be very hard to find something about RLK207C/D, since this slide is the only source I have ever seen, saying about this RWR.

1 Like