Shenyang J-11, J-16, J-15, History, Performance & Discussion

I found some reference of J-11A upgrades from a new book and added the relevant pages in the comment section of the following issue:
J11A should have MAWS // Gaijin.net // Issues

In summary the following are mentioned for J-11A

1. Radar : N001VE
  2. RWR : L-150
  3. MAWS upgrade
  4. New MFD in cockpit
    See if someone want to raise separate issues for above
1 Like

J11A should have MAWS // Gaijin.net // Issues
Maybe you can use some additional secodary reference from material in another issue

Hello, I am not sure who it was but whoever said the J-11 can not use PL-12 can we come together and attempt to make a bug report for it to be added.

Or anyone else who is willing.

Lets make this J-11A Great!

2 Likes

? What?

1 Like

Let’s do joint research to find more info on the topic and maybe hopefully we can find some that supports it being able to use it!

From past experience, Gaijin usually need some photo evidence to add a new weapon to aircraft unless you have primary source that state “X can use Y”. This is why we had no success to add PL-12 to JH-7A.
IMHO, the priority of fixing J-11A is RWR / MAWS > CAS > radar

8 Likes

Very nice, sounds like some deep digging has to be done.

I agree with the priority I am just nit-picking, I want to see all its historical additions.

Also quite sad with the Leopard case :(

Thank you for replying and being so informative!!!

2 Likes

J-11A MLU using N001VE radar issue needing another secondary source. Please see if you can help:
[DEV] J-11A Radar Bug Report. // Gaijin.net // Issues

is there a chance that the J11A in the test server is simply not finished? ofc its important to report but also to be a lil patient and see, correct me if i’m wrong.

I don’t think Gaijin themselves have enough data on the J-11A in the first place. It is one of the most niche Flanker variants, and the one depicted in game is the supposed 2015 update variant, on which there is even less information. It is almost impossible to find ‘reliable’ sources, and finding two stating the same thing is even harder. I’d say they need to make exceptions in cases like this.

Yet they keep denying the bug reports. MAWS situation is such a simple 1+1 honestly, it is ridiculous how it took them like 8? bug reports (3 of which were put together rather well) to “acknowledge” it and submit it as a suggestion.

This whole thing just could be solved by giving China another aircraft, like the J-10A or the J-11B. There is plenty of information in hand on both of these. But it is too late now.

4 Likes

I don’t really understand by “3rd party sites” as non usable sources, what would that mean? how do you identify a source as “3rd party”?

1 Like

Yes, everything is subject to change and should should always be taken with a pinch of salt.

One thing that i get quite confused about is the radar topic. The radar can’t possibly be the N001 since it was the same radar that had to be modified on the su27sm to use fox3s… so either they don’t give us r77s and fox3s in general or they change the radar. It seems like an easy 1+1 kind of thing imo

1 Like

Modern Chinese Warplanes, again by Andreas Rupprecht

1 Like

can this be used as source?

I believe it works as a secondary source, yes. But you need two secondary sources on something for devs to actually take it into consideration, more often than not.

1 Like

I think Gaijin needs two independent secondary sources, so 2 books from same author is likely to be rejected.

Hi, guys, this issue report gets a “acknowledge”. [DEV] J-11A Combined Avionics Bug Report // Gaijin.net // Issues

And in this report, the staff says duplicate and turn to the report above. J11A should have MAWS // Gaijin.net // Issues .

So, does it means all the things we can do now are waiting for gaijin to finish our J11A?

I am afraid the passed report only covers the MAWS. There are still reports for radars and RWR that are not passed yet.
Radar:
[DEV] J-11A Radar Bug Report. // Gaijin.net // Issues
RWR:
The RWR system of the j11A should be RLK 207C/D // Gaijin.net // Issues

Both need more resources or clarification on resources so the author needs to provide more stuff and somebody else can give more info if theres any