Shenyang J-11, J-16, J-15, History, Performance & Discussion

I doubt they actually care about there agreement.

China wasn’t supposed to manufacture J-11B due to there agreement but they did.

You say that like the US didn’t have to develop AIM-260 to counter a chinese development.

2 Likes

Given they have not made an attempt to do it, I would say they do. Instead they developed J-10, JF-17 for the export market

1 Like

Fair point.

The Aim-260 is being created with an eye to the R-37M

I didn’t start this

No, it’s not.

6 Likes

You’re shilling for Russia in a Sinoflanker thread. It does look like you did.

3 Likes

Ok

then now you can stop, lets be more decent

It’s obvious but tbh i get it, Gaijin will model and finish the stuff for USA and Russia first since they are the most played. The german tank premium is not yet finished either.

From what i’ve heard and seen China is developing the new PL-XX (i’ve seen people call it PL-21 but its unofficial) that will have a scramjet/ramjet (can’t remember which one rn) and should be specifically for 5th gens.

1 Like

Ahha still on about China being incapable

J-16 Supremacy baby

6 Likes

No scramjet/ramjet, designation is PL-17. Dual pulse motor, range in excess of 400km, seen on squadron J-16’s and official released photos, so in service.

We’re talking about different missiles, the PL-17 is already in service and it is unusable for 5th gens, the PL-XX is NOT the PL-17. The PL-21/XX is indeed a ramjet missile.

1 Like

I don’t think there is any credible news about a ramjet missile in active development- there’s some information that indicates that there was a ramjet competitor to PL-15 that lost in some stage of development, but there aren’t any present models/images/interviews for such a thing today. The only thing is some new development(new or folding PL-15) to allow for carriage of 6 BVR missiles in J-20 main bay.

2 Likes

Accidentally deleted my reply, i’ll try to get some info on it, in case thanks for the heads up!

Let’s all please never discuss Russian flankers again, for this isn’t the thread about them. We don’t need comparisons or who is better. This is a thread about CHINESE flankers and not Russian ones. If you want to claim Russian ones are superior or whatnot please go to another thread or make your own.

7 Likes

Yeah I agree, move on from discussions of the SU-35 and other Soviet/Russian vehicles as this is for the Chinese.

yea
please support both bug reports!
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/C5uMQZnZOJJM
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/5319EOUPIm1i

12 Likes