Shenyang J-11, J-16, J-15, History, Performance & Discussion

“Chinas Navy Ships and Aircraft of the Peoples Republic of China, 1955-2021” Page B-19

You can download the pdf off of google

The WZ551D is confirmed by the trailer, got nothing on the Yitian sadly, also PL-9C? on which aircraft?

1 Like

WZ-551D is this
WZ551D-Demonstrator-1S

2 Likes

Oh i must have confused the two then. Well considering the one in the trailer i doubt we will get that

Personally will not go with this as a credible source and will stick with my own.

PL-12 can be mounted but I need to find sources for the rest.

Interesting nonetheless.

I have multiple sources that state that it only uses Russian armament.

It was not until J-11B that Domestic firearms where mounted.

1 Like

And I have two sources which state that it can.

“The PL-15 is a new generation of active-guided long-range air-to-air missile, which is mainly equipped with the PLA’s latest third-generation and a half and fourth-generation aircraft , such as the J-11BG, J-15B, J-16, J-10C, and J-20 fighters. The PLA’s early fighters are unable to carry PL-15 air-to-air missiles because of their limited radar and fire control performance. For example, the J-10A, J-11A, J-15 and other fighters can only carry the lower-level PL-12 medium-range air-to-air missiles.”

Your sorce statting “perhaps” doesnt do anything

I’d rather trust my multiple books on chinese avaition rather than online media

1 Like

Theres no “perhaps” stating but to each is own my friend! :D

Since i would like to gather more info about it… could i ask for a dm or even a message here if it doesn’t disturb with the various sources?

Screenshot_20240530_163122_Chrome

1 Like

Ask for what you want in the DM

I’m getting a talisman for it, I do NOT care if the J-11A MLU is bad or not.

Its just too good looking for me to do otherwise

So it was necessary to make your own plane with Chinese equipment, without the aerodynamic scheme of the Su-27…For example, similar to Rafale or F-15E or its own version…

China does not have a License for the Su-30MKK/MK2…only on the Su-27SK/UBK…The J-16 design is a non-precision hybrid of the Su-27UBK and Su-30MK2…
The first prototype Su-30MK (1994) Irkutsk plant…

Spoiler

It doesn’t have to be taken that seriously.

To counter this.

Who the hell wrote the books you read?

Its a book after all. None of the info has to be true.

J-16 and SU-30 look similar because they all developed from the original SU-27, the excellent design of TsAGI and Sukhoi, the basic design is same. China learned and absorb it’s design, since the domestic produced J-11A. After fully understand it, they start made their own Flanker, J-11B is a little step, but J-16 is a fully new plane. SU-30 was introduced to meet the need of emergency, and some political issues. they are basically 2 different develop rout, separated since the original SU-27.

2 Likes

Exactly.

I never knew this was an antenna, thank you for your science popularization

3 Likes

cool, we’re starting a personal attack😎

6 Likes