Shenyang J-11, J-16, J-15, History, Performance & Discussion

My favorite part of the su35 is that it doesn’t have an airbrake because it’s ““too heavy””)))

J16 has it beat there, lighter AND has an airbrake

1 Like

Also about Su-35 deal with China, I only list the following facts and each can own their own conclusions:

1. China only bought 24 Su-35 and did not follow up with further purchase
  2. No evidence of China uses technology of Su-35 on their aircraft (someone claimed China TVC is copy of Su-35 TVC, but is false as they are of different designs)
  3. Little exposure of China Su-35 in media. Most sightings by Japan and Taiwan of Chinese aircraft in recent years are of J-16 and J-11.
2 Likes

Not saying this is what the Chinese thought, but from my view, they purchased it thinking there was going to be more innovations and advances then there really were in the design. They bought something expecting it to be better than it ended up being and finding out they progressed the design further than the country of origin, resulting in them having the superior platform and likely disappointment at the purchase.

This is just my view from the outside.

2 Likes

And lets be logical this is the real world situation or else they would have stocked up on Su-35S or made a very close copy.

2 Likes

it’s said to have great maneuverability, but in high speed. and from the air show video, it’s good in low speed too, could be incidentally made. Chinese air force love high speed strike, the J-11D is said to be the perfect example, with high thrust-weight ratio, advanced radar, and other characteristics that focus on air to air. Though it’s stopped after the protype was made, for some cost factors, and give this job to J-20. But it’s design is seen on the new J-15B.

1 Like

Of all the composites, only the radiotransparent cone. It Is Structurally Su-30MKK

2 Likes

And ur point?

what nonsense you wrote.

You and others like you at least read what you wrote, for example, 2 years ago…Russian Russian tanks. Two years ago, I had the same discussion with NATO tankers on this forum, they laughed at the Mangalas and wrote that the Leopard-2 /Merkava-4 / Abrams is Super Perfection and 100 times better than Russian tanks and Russian rusty troughs scatter like cockroaches at the sight of them …
The real result is known…

Spoiler

M1A1UABM

ЧЕЛЛЕНДЖЕР-2
UkQ5s73qPjE
w2mlg_gyFL8

1 Like

Chances of getting a j11b this patch is near zero, especially considering how hard it is for gaijin to implement domestic chinese vehicles. If anything we’ll get a Frankenstein copy paste russian flanker, or a j10 which would be nice too

would kill for a j10 this update. i have a 1/48 scale model of it to build!

4 Likes

Ur implying theres a higher chance of getting the J-10 than the J-11B?

This is after you say that Gaijin struggles implementing domestic Chinese vics when the J-11B is a copy & paste except for tiny details in the cockpit compared to the J-10 which is a whole new aircraft and flight model Lol.

Yeah, I think both statements are valid, its true that chinese vehicles are harder for gaijin to get right, just look at the cockpits on them compared to nato and russian aircraft. But I think j11b would be more powerful than the j10a for example, and its likely not coming this update. Early j10s are closer methinks

1 Like

Tbh I think J-10A and J-11B are very on par with each-other.

They have basically the exact same air to air weaponry and probably a tiny bit different air to ground weaponry.

Basically I personally think they are just as balanced and hopefully we get both of them very soon as they fit the game perfectly after the upcoming major update.

China bought them at a price of $105 million apiece/engines and equipment under a separate contract…
The Su-35 does not need additional PR…he does not carry Chinese equipment except for a messenger…therefore, it is not very attractive for advertising purposes…
The South Xinjiang-Lijiang Squadron is located here…at Suisi Aviation Base and, as can be seen, covering the most dangerous Southern direction (Entrance to the South China Sea/Southern Cosmodrome and Southern Missile Bases) They are rarely involved in patrolling over the Strait…Also, the appearance of a non-ceremonial Chinese airbase (available photos)…

Spoiler

Снимок экрана 2024-05-30 095732

The funny thing is we are looking at a Pre production and testing model, clearly shown by the yellow coating thats characteristic of these Chinese aircraft, once again, Russian bias clearly tries to talk smack about something without having a single clue about it. (once again doesn’t back his claim of "structurally a su-30MKK with any sources at all)

4 Likes

Everything you’ve said is right although from what i’ve heard the J11D was a stop-gap in case the J20 didn’t work, kind of a safebet if you get what i mean, and since the results with the J20 were good they decided to stop the project. This ofc led to the tech developed on the J11D to be used on the J15B.

J-16

Su-30MKK
Find the difference as they say

1 Like

How about you look at the 2 fins, the top is different, also if you look closely at the Air intakes you can see that the connection between the lower “rectangular” part is different.
These are literally 2 things that came to my eye as soon as you posted, if we had actual measures of both planes we could easily spot more of them.
Oh and ofc as you can clearly see the Radiome is different, housing the AESA radar, and you can spot the absence of the “antenna” found in the Su-30MKK.

Su-30MKK publicly available info:

• Length: 21.9 m (71 ft 10 in)
  • Wingspan: 14.7 m (48 ft 3 in)
  • Height: 6.36 m (20 ft 10 in)
  • Gross weight: 24,900 kg (54,895 lb)
  • Max takeoff weight: 34,500 kg (76,059 lb)

J16 ones:

• Empty weight: 17,700 kg (39,022 lb)
  • Max takeoff weight: 35,000 kg (77,162 lb)
3 Likes

I do not take into account the protruding antennas only the airframe
The design of the air intake is identical