Server Update 23.09.2024

Helicopters

• For all helicopters that do not have the new avionic modules in their damage models, the chance of avionic damage after the fuselage has been damaged has been significantly reduced. Avionics will not be damaged by the high-explosive impact from ammunition of calibers less than 23 mm and kinetic impact of calibers less than 25 mm with the exception of shells with radio fuzes and air-to-air missiles. One-time damage to the fuselage by ammunition of calibers less than 30 mm will not lead to the disabling of all helicopter avionics.

Ground Vehicles

• AB 43, Sd.Kfz.234/2, Sd.Kfz.234/2 TD, Sd.Kfz.234/3 — a bug with crew swapping that resulted in these vehicles being left without a driver has been fixed. (Report).
  • M48A1, M103, Magach 3 (ERA), M48A2 C, M48A2 G A2, M48A1, Magach 1, Magach 2, Magach 3 — a bug that made it not possible to turn on the spot has been fixed (Report).

Patch notes reflect only key changes, meaning they may not include a complete list of all improvements made. Additionally, War Thunder is constantly being updated and some changes may not require an update. Changes reflected in patch notes are formed by taking reactions and requests of the community from the bug reporting service, forums and other official platforms into account. Bug fixes and changes are implemented in order of importance, for example a game-breaking bug will be worked on and implemented sooner.

9 Likes

Very sad, all you needed to do was sort the stock grind for Helis, and this becomes a non-issue. Stock ATGM’s and maybe a bit more modification XP gain in ground RB makes Heli’s much more fun to stock gind, and you can keep the damage models super fragile, which allows people to actually shoot them down when they overextend.

Finally 👍

2 Likes

Is the change making all secondary weapons unvailable for test drives for helicopters and planes intentional?

4 Likes

Ah yes. Now it’s take one more round before going down, changed nothing, thx for unplayable helis

2 Likes

It was before this updated. I have the issue with A-10C.

I kindly ask you to check this thread:

War Thunder "Dance of Dragons" - Changelog - #349 by Uncle_J_Wick

And the corresponding bug report:

Community Bug Reporting System

Short story: Xbox users with a certified HOTAS have to manually restore their joystick settings every time the want to play wt. Every time you close wt even saved settings will be overwritten.

This can’t be right.

Thx in advance for looking at this issue!

1 Like

Yeah i’m about to lose my mind…
I thought it was only me and know i’m glad to find that it is a bug but very disappointed that it has not been resolved yet.

2 Likes

The maintenance cost of the Hunter F58 is a bit too high compared to aircraft of the same class

that’s incredibly stupid. Burst from .50cal can destroy tank track or gun barrel but can’t do anything to heli avionics? Are we really at the point where War Thunder is making systems immune to certain weapons?

1 Like

YES! thank you!

nice to see this get fixed as well

1 Like

When will the Sdkfz.234 (all variants) finally receive their second driver? The guy sitting in the back and looking to the rear is a second driver.

2 Likes

Also for the Sd.Kfz.234/4 the puma with 75 mm gun?. I had that once is this also fixed with this one?

1 Like

Is the TD puma the one I am talking about?

Wonder how many complaints you got about the tiniest bit of damage to a helicopter completely disabling the weapon’s suite.

And what about Heli EC with the turbo aimbot SPAA that always kill the gunner and weapon system whenever their first burst connects? Not to mention they still spawn behind and below players for surprise immediate termination.

2 Likes

This was changed some time ago. MGs can’t destroy barrels anymore - Only autocannon, main gun and missiles/bombs can destroy barrels.

No, the TD (Twitch drop) is just the standard 50mm Puma with a better skin.

2 Likes

Its been 15 minutes, 2 flights of AD-2s have spawned and a single convoy of tanks.

Thats it, not a single ground battle or anything else, did this change to damage models break heli pve?

1 Like

Excellent! Thank you devs! Still looking forward to detailed modules being added to more heli’s 😄

@T3ddy4 @gozer
No, guys, if you have not flown a helicopter since the addition of detailed internal modules on SOME helis, you have no idea how bad it got. ALL other helis would get disabled by a SINGLE 7mm bullet, EVERY time. Today’s update has not broken anything, simply unbroken helis without detailed modules from the previous update. Nothing is being made immune or invincible, and you will love shooting at helis with detailed internal modules, it is working perfectly against the 2 that got them.

1 Like