Seriously? All 120mm M1 get 5s reload time

Do you have a video that proves that or only thoughs?

1 Like

The thing is that we have a loader not only in the Abrams, but also in the Leopards and it’s variants.
And that’s not just the Leo 2, but same for Leopard 1 or literally every tank with a dedicated loader.

No idea why just the Abrams gets this skill recognised, maybe the loaders on the Abrams are just…special?

But if you want to apply the skill/performance of a trained loader to the reduction of reload, then it should be applied to all tanks with a loader.

2 Likes

Fatigue and ammo placement in the ready determining reload will never be modelled

2 Likes

Left side, starting the training, right side a trained loader.

Look at the time and count the rounds.

Wow i missed the part where he does that for 18 rounds, congratulations, you completly missed my point.

2 Likes

One piece 120mm should have similar rates, but Abrams loaders in particular love to gloat with their times so it’s by far best documented.

oh god if only these things had the 5 second reload of the Centauro 120

Abrams don’t lap load though

1 Like

It’s 4 rounds in 14 seconds.

Your standard doctrine for tank battle is “fire and move” and not to remain in position until first stage ammo is empty.

4 rounds in 14 seconds doesn’t mean it will do that for 18 rounds straight while moving.

@WaretaGarasu
I can understand that your level of upset can be explained by our Leclerc’s reload staying 6 seconds while Abrams goes from 6.3 seconds to 5.3 seconds.
Especially since we don’t have ANY indication of armor changes at this time for any of the vehicles we speak on.

To answer your question: Yes, fast sustained in order to be a tank loader.

Also you shouldn’t focus too much on the “while moving” since that’ll never be a feature, and would slow down all tanks including & especially autoloaded tanks.

3 Likes

I did not say that.

I was able to load 10 rounds per minute and would have been able to do that until first stage ammo is empty, even while the Leo was moving.

Wow, i forgot the Leopard got a buff instead of the M1

In fact, you do, because in War Thunder you do not stand still, while this is not modeled in game my point stand still.

Someone doesnt realize its a game

Abrams will be hilarious with a 5s reload. M1A1 at 11.0 with decent armour, amazing mobility, M829A1 every 5s. Why would you even play anything else haha

3 Likes

I dont know, maybe because anything at that BR can pretty much lolpen it everywhere without aiming? Its not even facing T90A or ZTZ99s in sim battles… T90A gets 2nd gen thermals and god damn 3BM60,… and you get base M1 against that.

4 Likes

Probably not going to change much. As far as I can tell the big problem with the Abrams is it’s hilariously fragile, everything internally creates extra spalling from the armoured walls behind the fuel tanks to the turret basket.

1 Like

Its funny isnt it, things designed, tested and proven to limit that effect and protect the crew are doing direct opposite.

120mm don’t. 105mm M1s could/would, so the ~5 sec. reload is plausible.

but even today 5 sec with the 120mm is possible
not for long but possible :D