Sd.Ah.57 for 3 and 3,7 cm Flaks

Would you like to see this in-game?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Mobile flaks usually moved along the troups and collums at the front, pathing the way for the resupply, however that takes time, time in which fighting, shooting and depleating of ammo occours.

As such the German army made a huge array for different trailers including ammo transport trailers for their vehicles including tanks.

I would like to suggest here the Sd. Ah. 52 and 57 for additional transport of 30 and 37mm ammo.
Cince the addition of the Churchill crocodile, it is the only vehicle with a trailer, as such i suggest the addition via modification of a ammo trailer to the German currently in game Flakpanzer.

While they have usually enove ammo, there are 3 main exceptions, the Flakpanzer I and 3 cm Flakvierling 103/38 auf Flakpanzer IV Möbelwagen and Sd.Kfz.6/2, which run out pretty quickly and generally if you want (cince its a modification and not permament) you can generally choose if you need even more ammo. Then also these tanks with relatively limited ammo supply, people need to choose what ammo they take with them, which will often result in them taking mainly or only Ap ammo, which will lessen the effectiveness against airtargets. And cince we still dont have ammo replenishment at the spawn, often times you cant even go and replenish ammo at all.

However these Trailers would help such. Having more ammo seperat on the trailer, you can take a more effective mix with you and shoot all day long.

The 51 and 52 look pretty similar, they are a basic U frame with 2 wheels (1 axis) where a big container is fixed in the middle, alternatively they could also instead transport the gun itself or other equipment for the guns.

Sd.Ah.57(Click to show)

Sd.Ah.57 was also used on the DB L 4500A and Sd.Kfz.7/1 And here more pictures including tanks and halftracks:

imageimage![image|800x479]

Characteristics:

Sd.Ah.57 dead weight 1050kg and a Payload of 1.500kg 432 rounds of 3,7 (?) or 600 rounds of 3 cm (?)

Source:
Waffen Arsenal 145 Kfz Anhänger der Wehrmacht 1935-1945
D.600 Sonderanhänger 51 and 52 and 57
Inhaltswerte über Kraftfahrzeuge und Gerät D601+
Bundesarchiv
Private Gallery/Internet Auction

4 Likes