SARH Missile Performance Issues

Yeah, far more people than your one off experience are saying the exact opposite. If this was just a me issue I’d give more credence to what you have to say.

Tbh i couldnt care less their claims in this case since there is no hard evidence.

İf you wanna stick with claims be my guest but im not gonna do the same thing.

Nah, you are going to come in and waste people’s time for no reason.

This is a skill issue the AIM-7F is the best radar missile in game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMHuCWIIIbE

Yeah yeah, we all saw the video. Doesn’t mean his experience is everyone’s or that the issues does not exist.

The issues existed prior to the sale… His premise is that it’s the F-4S from the sales. If that was actually the issues then the R-24/R-27 series should also get the same complaints.

No, the point is people do not know how to use their missiles or defend against other peoples missiles.

Go troll somewhere else.

I’m not trolling I simply telling the truth which you don’t want to hear.

You are saying what you subjectively think is the truth. You are not proving anything but a YouTube video. That’s still only two people’s viewpoint and no data. You can’t argue that you are any source of truth because of that.

Meanwhile, I’ve spent into the tens of hours learning how the game implemented radar, and how I’m supposed to use it. I’ve learned how the different radar was setup in different aircraft. I am still experiencing this issue consistently to the point I’ve stopped using SARH missiles and just carrying all aspects when available.

I have experimented with different modes to see how different the effectiveness was. I’ve still gotten the same inconsistent results in their performance.

Try to provide some better information in the future instead of just coming in to shut down things you don’t believe.

1 Like

the other plane was literally over 1.0 km away in both distance and range and the radar was in ACM.

as i said the radar lock itself didn’t “matter” since the other plane was close enough to the CW beam, and way faster on the clip, with the new changes gaijin made to radar missiles is harder for it to change when targets are going on diferent directions, but in this case the result would be the same since they’re close enough to be both on the beam, and the JH was way faster than the mig, how you used the radar to lock don’t make difference in that situation tbh

How is SARH missile looking?
Is anything out of the ordinary?
Taking feedback right now.

A̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ t̶h̶i̶s̶ u̶p̶d̶a̶t̶e̶ i̶ d̶i̶d̶n̶’t̶ h̶a̶v̶e̶ a̶n̶y̶ o̶f̶ m̶y̶ S̶A̶R̶H̶’s̶(̶b̶e̶ i̶t̶ 7̶F̶ o̶r̶ R̶-̶2̶7̶)̶ g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ f̶o̶r̶ t̶a̶r̶g̶e̶t̶s̶ t̶h̶a̶t̶ a̶r̶e̶ n̶o̶t̶ i̶n̶t̶e̶n̶d̶e̶d̶, c̶a̶n̶’t̶ e̶x̶p̶l̶a̶i̶n̶ h̶o̶w̶ b̶u̶t̶ d̶o̶e̶s̶ s̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ f̶i̶x̶e̶d̶, i̶ w̶i̶l̶l̶ t̶a̶k̶e̶ t̶h̶i̶s̶ w̶e̶e̶k̶e̶n̶d̶ t̶o̶ t̶e̶s̶t̶ m̶o̶r̶e̶, i̶n̶ m̶o̶r̶e̶ s̶c̶e̶n̶a̶r̶i̶o̶s̶ a̶n̶d̶ s̶e̶e̶ i̶f̶ a̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ o̶u̶t̶ o̶f̶ o̶r̶d̶i̶n̶a̶r̶y̶ h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶s̶
I take it back, the karma hit me and the funny happened my missile decided that was time to steal the moon and it runned for it :D
here a clip

We are going to Steal (pause for effect) THE MOON
@InterFleet
edit2:if you need the replay archive or server replay link i can provide too

1 Like

İnconsistent.

Sometimes it hits target on angles and altitudes you cant imagine and sometimes misses one of the easiest shots you can ever see.

Recently took the F-4J out with AIM-7Fs. Generally they were okay but I noticed a few times where they’d either go straight up or to the side. Sometimes they also just flew straight into the ground even though I was well above the altitude where AIM-7Fs begin to multipath.

1 Like

Pretty much my experience. Its like 8 out of 10 shots act normally and those two either start to intercept UFOs or start cosplaying deep rock galactic drop pods.

I honestly quit using them entirely. AIM-7 is my goto and it just became so ineffective I am IR only. Which really sucks, it basically invalidates all the time I spent learning radar.

Put that thing on WallStreetBets - a regular old moonboi haha

1 Like

Hopefully these will work Another few missiles that seemingly have a beam fixed on the target and do some random off the walls crap. Thought I would try them again tonight. Shots are in ACM - the last shot I had no expectations would hit, was just trying to see if I could get more data.

First and second shots look to get lock, the beam from both the plane and missile are on target. One momentarily loses beam and goes into space. Both fly off randomly in the end though.

1 Like

pretty inconsistent, just as before

sometimes the radar keeps track of a target, but the missile will still lose lock for some reason (checked in sensor view)

as for the auto system, i never bothered switching radar modes and always fired in HDN before, so my take would be irrelevent. It’s a bit more reliable than PD HDN only though, i’d say.

1 Like