SARH Missile Performance Issues

A lot of variables come into play with longer range shots that could all contribute in some way. It would be difficult to answer with a general case statement.

Finally got a good one. Here is several videos at an engagement 10-15KM in ACM/PD. The target selected is about 2-300 feet AGL. The missile goes up towards the target and then sharply dives into the water. There are three of these videos.

( 2/3 Removed do to background noise)

@InterFleet id appreciate it, if you get time to review these.

1 Like

you have no Idea

Has more flares. Su-27 is also hotter. Nice bait or lack of understanding. Doesn’t shit it’s entire speed in turns, while accelerating faster than Su-27. Radar is also better than Su-27. Su-27 radar is basically the worst all aspect PD radar. İt is the same as 12.0 mig-29 radar, just with more range. ACM mode has 2x the range of Su-27 ACM. AAM-3/9M İRCCM is also more consistent than R-73 irccm

The fact that you are telling people to COPE and get better because they have to face F-15s is hilarious. And then you make the stupid argument that the F-15 is shit and it should stay at 12.3. It seems like you need to COPE and get gud.
You are contradicting your own argument.

1 Like

Not my problem

Not my problem

? i dont care enough to bait or have a lack of understanding, somehow you people think the su-27s are on par with planes that don’t have HMDs or missiles that can do a 60 degree turn.

K you keep thinking gaijin has fixed the radar on u.s planes.

Everything at the point in technology was better than anything russia could put out, gaijin has you all disillusioned with them giving russian planes and tanks fantasy stats.

And? ACM has been at 19km for the phantoms too.

3 Likes

Is that why USA was still using 9M until they got their hands on East German R-73 and realized our missiles are shit? And decided to make 9X?.

Dude who has never played any nation except USA talking about how USA is best at everything, with a patton profile pic? why am i not surprised

You talk like you know the game so well yet you have never even used any R-27 carrier, or any eastern high tier plane in your life. Average american hearsay copium knowledge

Do you mean the time they tested the R-73 and said it compared favorably to the Aim-9L?

Yeah i dont think that says the Aim-9M is shit comparatively, but they it did indeed kick the euroes and US into gear to keep their advantage.

1 Like

They did not have an advantage in 80s in IR missiles until they made 9X, if you think otherwise, thats copium

Only magic-2 was great compared to R-73 because of it’s superior seeker IRCCM

American IRs were literally inferior to R-73 in the 80s until 9X

They US had the IR advantage until R-73

Well not a notable advantage anyways. Thats why they persued Aim-9X and IRIS-T.

But that is the comparison point we have, the Aim-9L, not the Aim-9M or its variants. So idk exactly how the IR seeker of the Aim-9M performs against the R-73. Sadly that is probably the point in IR seeker tech where they were the closest. Well in All aspect seeker terms anyways. We have yet to see an IIR seeker from the post Soviet states.

Maybe, i havent seen info indicating as such, but that would also be the last time the soviets/post soviet states had an IR advantage

In what sense? Development of the AIM-9R (What would become of the AIM-9X’s IIR seeker on a -9M body, basically a very early AIM-9X counterpart) [1986], and before that the AIM-95 Agile [1968] which is what the R-73 borrows heavily from, which itself is derived from the earlier Taildog missile (early member of the SRAAM lineage), also there is an obvious link between the Electro Optical seeker variant and the IIR Sidewinders.

Considering the Agile was, not procured on cost grounds; over the AIM-9L it made sense to salvage what they could since the development was already started where possible.

The way to beat the R-73 was to use the Much better seeker on the AIM-9L / -9M & AIM-7, AIM-54, etc. to kill them before the dogfight and they could employ missiles.

It doesn’t help that the radars for various aircraft are barely functional, the maps are far to densely populated, and lack cover.

4 Likes

At least in aquisition and sensitivity terms the 9L very likely is worse than the R-73.

At least whatever 9L was used for the testing in germany at the time.

Besides, the main R-73 advantage is that it is
very maneuverable and lightweight

Edit: wrote 9M instead of R-73 for some reason

It depends when it took place the AIM-9L has two major variants of the seeker, the detector of the later is shared ( known as the Dechirped mod, which was a British kludge that was eventually backported) with the AIM-9M / -9S, sans IRCCM module and so the late seeker has roughly similar acquisition performance, since the original good-track logic was very conservatives, as such to practically allow them to ignore clouds and other non radiant sources of IR band clutter at the expense of greater range, since in most cases it couldn’t be used kinematically.

1 Like

Hi, clips like these are nice but useless for bug reports. Developers needs DxDiag, clog of the gaming session and screenshot using in game methods.

https://wiki.warthunder.com/Knowledge_Base

Screenshot using in game method should start with the file name: “shot ….”
With numbers at the end indicating when the screenshot it is taken, it leaves a mark in the clog file for devs to investigate the bug.

I have asked people to create reports with proper formatting but I have yet to see a proper Report.

2 Likes

So should i remind you how Russians even got air to air missile technology?

That must be why i have 5 nations vehicles over rank 5 right?

and, another lie.

So when are you all going to fix the range on the AIM9M Sidewinder? The max range is 18 miles. which is about 29 kilometers.

Please tell me what your rank 8 eastern plane is. I’ll be waiting. Rank 5 is not high tier anymore, this isn’t 2015.

i am playing both RUS (Mig23ML) and US (F4S) and it is ez to destroy f15 with R24R in Mig 23ML.

1 Like

We can try radar missile only I will use F-15 you can use Mig-23 1v1