SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

Yes, but positive or negative will depend on speed and other factors. I’ll wait for RideR2’s testing.

So if i read that correctly, there will be bearly any change to speeding up, max speed ect, but it will pull worse?

All speculation for now but I wouldn’t be surprised if the new FM is basically the same as the old one practically. Its interesting they reduce the fuselage drag to launch gripen levels and that FM just blasted through the old rip speed with 6 missiles and droptank. Also interesting is they seem to increase induced drag at speeds where the engine has more thrust, making me think they are trying to keep turn performance the same.

I thought I was going insane when I hit my radar off button, radar turned off and then switched on by itself again.

Or maybe I am going insane.

The Cosmetics in War Thunder are getting so good. The last crate is just on a fire level

Im not very fond of that camo. It just does not sit with me

1 Like

You did those today? The changes aren’t live yet.

There is only one skin needed:

4 Likes

Oh, so da12 is an artist, nice

1 Like

yeah, it’s a matter of personal preference

Would you like some futuristic camo?

That’s just stunning

1 Like

well, that’s too much sci-fi for this game I think :D

Also this guy, a pile of skins for gripen, including the box one

1 Like

Found the original one. Can’t wait to see it in our hands
53171716077_bf91038805_h

Yep, The Blackjack Typhoons are amazing, highlight of any airshow for me

Very tiny change? I did notice a lot of drag changes were at those higher speeds (for top speed I assume)

This is interesting, this is where most dogfights happen… But we also get a bit more thrust here so maybe not as important?

Yeah, you guys probably have way better benchmarks than me, I just did it cause I was bored to compare later when thrust changes hit.

One thing I’m excited about is this:

• Enabled center gear braking
2 Likes

Ammo count doesnt correlate with the size of the ammo box.
Its about 20% larger than the 27mm on the Tornado, but has 1.3rd less ammo?

Just X-ray things

Nothing to worry, there are planes that hide over 100 30mm shells in 30x30x30 box, and there are planes that hide the same amount in belts lenght of their whole wings.