SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

Thanks M8

i’m beginning to understand it more

2 Likes

So you are saying because you have Data for X and no data for Y that means X is better?

Because as I understand it, that is exactly what you are saying.

I haven’t seen any EM diagrams of the Gripen. And from the red flag events they were talking about dogfighting performance were they said the Gripen could get behind the F-16 at will.

The proof of burden does indeed lie with the person that formulated the hypothesis like you wrote so nicely. So were is your proof? Since you made the claim that the F-16 is superior, I don’t see any source indicating that. Maybe produce one and post some proof of YOUR hypothesis =)

3 Likes

Kind of meh imo

Everyone here is all bogged down about the Thrust question and Sustained turn rate, But I’m still sitting here wondering when more apparent stuff will be fixed. Like the complete lack of Flaps, which really bothers me for some reason.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/ybmcG3Wy5PCH

These are not combat flaps, they serve no purpose outside of landing the aircraft. The thrust directly affects the performance of the aircraft in a match… of course it is more interesting to discuss.

Sure, you can download it here.

2 Likes

Landing flaps, combat flaps. It doesn’t much matter considering in game any flaps change the flight performance of most aircraft. Notably on late Chinese aircraft, landing flaps like on the J-8B and J-8F are used to drastically improve low speed performance. Though I’m sure that the Gripen, like the F-15 and Su-27 has a speed limiter on these flaps, It would still be an interesting addition considering it should’ve been added from the get-go.

Aircraft with negative static stability need to deflect those flaps downward at slow speeds to begin with - which the Gripen does already… along with the canards. This allows the wing more camber, more lift. Deploying them further ruins this balance and would be detrimental to the flight performance of the aircraft, so there is no reason to include the function of “combat flaps” on such an aircraft.

The flaps can be deflected downward to enhance landing characteristics, that is basically it. They function like elevators otherwise and can do this mid-flight to recover from post-stall conditions easier as well but this doesn’t require “combat flaps” function.

Oh i thought accuracy was very important for you when it comes to modelling each vehicle and now you’re suddenly saying this is not important?

İnteresting.

1 Like

Don’t put words in my mouth, I am rationalizing why other people consider the thrust changes more important. Not that flaps aren’t important. Though they serve little to no purpose in-game, I did report the schedule of the automatic flaps on the F-15 and F-16 already. If you have more sources for the flaps scheduling on the Gripen you can forward it in the report that was already made regarding the landing canard deflection and such.

The VTOL Gripen can’t hurt you…

The VTOL Gripen;

9 Likes

Nobody is putting your words in your mouth im just simply stating the facts.

Also i saw the thrust change but didnt saw anything about drag change so where is the accuracy in here?

1 Like

“The flaps can be deflected downward to enhance landing characteristics, that is basically it.”

Even for that reason they should be added. Every plane has to land at some point, and any assistance when doing so should be considered, if the F-15s get their emergency tailhook, which has little to no combat purpose in game, the Gripen has every right to get it’s flaps, be they significantly helpful or not.

As for the thrust discussion, why is it even a discussion? As far as I am aware your report has already gone ahead and is being used to change part of the aircraft’s performance. If so then by all means we should move on to another historical inaccuracy no? Rather than dwelling on what’s been decided.

3 Likes

But I want to VIFF in a Gripen :P

I want the Girpen instead

3 Likes

That is definitely Satan’s work….

1 Like

I never disputed this. Your gripe should not be with me. (pun intended).

I agree, hopefully you understand the rationalization people had for discussing the thrust and drag; see this users recent comment.

I spoke with the tech moderator in private about the drag and it was included when they forwarded the report. They also stated here that the drag would be adjusted and the devs were aware of the full extent of the changes that would need to be made. You’re creating a strawman as an excuse to hate me without good reason.

No, you’re not. See what I said;

@Panther2995 This was simply a rationalization for why people were focused more so on thrust (aside from the fact that the flaps issue isn’t even acknowledged at this time, nor was really brought up before)… please don’t assume things and build strawmen to jab at me personally. You can jab at me personally in DM’s or discord…

Shame SAAB never took the offer of the EJ200 with thrust vectoring they were offered for the Gripen

Who said im hating you? İ told you drag changes should happen before thrust nerfs because i knew this would happen.

They will keep Gripen in this current state for god knows how long.

My anger comes from devs actions not from yours.

1 Like