SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

Thats the thing, launch them rear aspect. Idling F14B spamming all his CMs couldnt flare it flying away from it. Both R73 and magic are not great in side aspect or front aspect unles you launch really close against plane on AB.

When equipped with AMRAAM vs Chinese flankers it did very well irl and I doubt the circumstances were co-altitude at 5000 feet.

The JAS 39 isn’t going toe to toe in war thunder, that’s obvious. I advocated against the R-27ER.

I’m working on a report to try and fix the F-14A/B and F-15 series thermal signature

1. would kind of hope so, especially with AMRAAM
  2. would also bloody well hope so

F-14 has always been like that, hotter than the sun. Tornado had the same issue but we got ours reported and semi dealt with.

You consistently deflect to something else in an attempt to change the subject when someone points out something you don’t want to answer.

I’m still waiting for the WVR exercise parameters between the PLAAF vs RTAF you touted as proof the Gripen sucks at WVR.

1 Like

You’re insinuating I’m not standing by the fact that a discrepancy existed and I reported it. I am.

Quite literally, what else is there to discuss about it? I made a report. It didn’t get passed. There’s no ulterior reasoning.

Btw, in indian / usaf mockup dogfights, mig21s beaten F15s consistently, why? Because they have HMD with R73. I bet this is similar case where one can do half turn and “lock launch” while other needs to fully complete the turn to have reliable chance to launch. And there is where WVR ends in case of PLAAF and RTAF.

thermal signatures ingame have nothing to do with engine temperature and everything to do with the “thrustmax0” line of code so an aircraft with 2 powerful engines will always be hot for IR missiles/IRST and adjustments to engine temperature have zero effect on this

I was asked to look into it because there is good information related to afterburner plume temperatures in the American manuals and there is obviously a lock-on range discrepancy between F-14 and other fighters which should have similarly hot exhausts but don’t.

We also have good information on AIM-9L sensitivity to IR emissions… And also magic 2 now to boot.

Absolutely could be the case. No disagreement. My point is that exercises are usually designed to simulate, train, or test a specific condition, and if someone is going to tout the exercise as “proof” of something, we need to know how the exercise was conducted.

Because if not, I can say the F-22 sucks and everyone should buy FA-50s for WVR: https://www.sandboxx.us/news/a-philippino-attack-jet-reportedly-beat-the-f-22-in-air-combat-exercises/#:~:text=Airpower-,A%20Filipino%20attack%20jet%20reportedly%20beat%20the,22%20in%20air%20combat%20exercises&text=Earlier%20this%20week%2C%20the%20Phillippine,combat%20exercises%20held%20in%20July.

But we know that’s not the whole story.

1 Like

according to one video, rafale dumpsters F22 in BFM too :D

FM changes:

JAS-39A/C

FlapsPolar0
OswaldsEfficiencyNumber 0.64–>0.52 (nerf)
Machcrit5 0.1–>0.3
MachMax5 0.4–>0.6
MultMachMax5 0.8–>0.88
MultLimit5 1.0–>1.2

FlapsPolar1
OswaldsEfficiencyNumber 0.6–>0.52 (nerf)
Machcrit5 0.1–>0.3
MachMax5 0.4–>0.6
MultMachMax5 0.8–>0.88
MultLimit5 1.0–>1.2

VNE 1470.0–>1543.0
MNE 2.2–>2.0

CdMin 0.00481871–>0.00615451

+some instructor changes probably just to take into account FM changes

Link to OG post?

So greater speed loss at aoa and worse sustain?

F22 got dunked by eurofighters at red flag to

to be fair F22 is majorly gimped everytime it gets Dunked on

2 Likes

And that’s my point. It’s by design of the exercise.

there is no OG post I typed this outmyself

Better rate at very very low speed (less than mach .3), induced drag peaks at mach .6 instead of mach .4 now (worse retention at medium to higher speeds) and induced drag curve ends at mach .88 now instead of mach .8

Also the planes rip speeds are faster at low level but lower at high level (mach 2.0)