SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

oh nice, thank you

I’m more interested in whether the gripen can hang anything instead of a fuel tank on centre pylon

I wonder if anyone else noticed its engine temp and if it was discussed, its pretty much same on mil and ab.

Bombs irl

I couldn’t find any pictures

It can, but GJN won’t let it.

Bomb

Hm, interesting, wait in game, maybe will be 3 GBU-24)

There are actually quite a few bug reports I was asked to make, rather than gone out of my way to make them myself. You’ll notice the first report I did on the F-15 was to buff the sustained turn at low speeds… because there was a discrepancy.

Likewise, my report to fix the overly high temperatures of the F-15 and F-16 engines was turned down.

I have made several reports that resulted in major buffs for French aircraft like the Mirage 2000, I was also the person who suggested the Ouragan be added to the game in 2013, which was later added.

I’ve put in reports that would buff the APG-66, AIM-54, I fixed the F-14’s lacking AoA, I have an active report that will buff flare resistance on the AIM-9L/M… I nerfed the engine temperatures on the MiG-21 and MiG-23 series aircraft…

But you’re focusing on a discrepancy I reported with the Vikhir?

2 Likes

I hope you just mean 9L… because if you mean buff flare resistance on 9M… just why
not even for realism at this point just for the sake of the game being enjoyable…

Yes. Because that thing was once upon a time ludicrous. It doesn’t need a buff and for the foreseeable will never need one.

For the sake of people enjoying the game… why???
You aren’t obliged to bug report these things… people accept when they play this game that not everything will be perfect. If you want perfectionism and realism there is IL-2, DCS, Prepar3D (if that is within your budget and capability to run)

Because both are underperforming?

AIM-9L/M when fired from rear aspect should not be decoyed by flares when chasing an afterburner plume… Like at all

I mean, technically if 9L is buffed, 9M is too considering they kinda share very similar seeker to the point its like same thing where 9M primarily employs circuit board as means of IRCCM instead of physical changes in seeker. Lets hope it wont pass, sometimes 9M can be really nasty at range. Its turning off its seeker in rear aspect shot can be really annoying though. It starts to jump around and lose absurd ammount of energy.

2 Likes

I understand precisely what you’re saying when you say “they’re underperforming”

Just, most people don’t exactly enjoy being slammed by an unflarable undodgeable undecoyable missile 2 minutes into the game.

Most people, for example, do not want to see a T-72B get 2 kills and then evaporate half their team in planes helis and tanks with a Ka-50. for example…

We’re not even on about realism this is about making the game vaguely fair and enjoyable for all. The Gripen, which centrepiece of this whole mess, is exceptionally good in Close Combat at the cost of being near useless in any sort of BVR.

You made the report. No need to be evasive if you stand by it.

1 Like

I dont know on what occasion that thats happened, everytime i’ve had a 9M shot decoyed is either side or (mostly) fromt aspect

Rear aspect is 99% of the time a kill. Sometimes it’ll run out of range, but that’s me not having a good enough shot kinematically.

Many reports indicate the opposite is true

It’s underperforming, what else is there to discuss?

I really hope for the sake of balance it doesnt. 9Ls are quite easy to flare as is, but that should be a job of tweaking 9L. 9M, please please please don’t buff it 😂

Its not as cancerous as R73, if you know what you are doing and launch R73s below 1,5 km, there you get unflarable missile.

1 Like

Sigh…
So if, I humbly called you forth unto a duel to the death, with you flying your F-15 or Su-27, and we agreed to commit to a BVR fight at, say, 5,000ft, Who would win?

Irl? lordy knows, depends how good the AMRAAMs are and at what range/speed/altitude/etc. they are shot.

Here in War Thunder that is a whole lot easier
The question isn’t “who would win” so much as “Is Skyflash better than AIM-7M/R-27ER”

Disagree there, i’ve defeated R-73 shots at 1km, and probably less.
That said I rarely get someone shooting rear aspect so that may not be universally true.