SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

I am currently Britian only…

I was thinking about Sweden, because I was semi-interested in Gripen. But now… I dont need to worry about that.

Im now thinking about France, because Rafale could be fun. I’ve been meaning on Spading the 2kCS4 to try out how I find French Missiles, but just been lazy of late. I might get the Mirage F-1C the next time its on sale though to help boost the grind (not a fan of doing SB in props and generally not that big of a fan of ARB these days)

Ive also been tempted by Italy (and have done some of the props in the past) as stuff like F-16, F-104, AV-8B+ and Typhoon with IRIS-T sound like fun. (though again, kinda waiting on a good premium for them)

But all-in-all. I generally cant be bothered with grinding another nation. I have been waiting for the new RP boost mechanic to come in as that could help a lot. But Im also fearing how nerfed it will be for SB (or if it will even work for SB). I’ve also been enjoying just being able to play the game, pick an aircraft, any aircraft and play it without having to grind to unlock it first.

With some of the upcoming aircraft like the Sea Harrier FA2 or BAE Hawk being aircraft I also really want to play (and hopefully Typhoon in the not too distant future) i also just dont have a massive insentive to grind out another tree anytime soon

1 Like

Hey, Draken and Viggen are incredibly good and fun in sim, don’t sleep on them. But I agree there’s probably better choices out there. Having a second nation is very nice as a SB player with current player count issues.

I was actually pleasantly suprised by this one, fantastic multi-role. You can carry 3 effective missiles and enough ground ordinance for 1.5 bases, good radar for 11.3 and fast as hell, frequently RTB at mach 1.5 to 2.0 depending on how far I am.

Whoa, what mechanic?

Yeah, ive been tempted by thsoe in the past as well, but overall. Just not quite enough for me to commit to grinding the Swedish tree currently. If Britain doesnt get CF-18, then maybe for Finnish F-18.

and yeah, i’ve heard good things baout hte F-1C, but just waiting on a sale first.

its on the roadmap

This:

Hopefully now coming in June

France is pretty sweet. M2K was very slept on, but now everyone has gotten a taste for it with the CS4… the M2K-5F has all aspect TWS, HMD and will be able to carry 6 Mica fox 3 next update. Both Magic 1 and Magic 2 have also gotten great buffs recently, and if that’s not enough the Rafale is next.

Honestly the J35XS is so cool that I’d say the premium alone is worth it on a sale, even if you have no intention of grinding Sweden. Fantastic flight performance, can cobra (it’s cool ok), carries 6 missiles and rockets on top of that, recently got fuel tanks, good radar, no PD but it’s 10.7… IRST…

Yeah, definetly something I’ll look at, and yeah, france I think is my next planned nation, A few things have me interested for air, even stuff like the Super Etendards

1 Like

Interesting… So since I have pretty much maxed out 4 nations in air, (USSR, Sweden, Israel, France) - I’ll get quite a few bonuses here? do they stack?

I dont think so. But there are WAY too many unanswered questions about how it will work and I think there will be a lot of changes before June to what was said last year.

I also just want to know what the plan is for SB

1 Like

It’s honestly so sad how little attention they give SB…

Yeah, I even asked 3 times, but never got a response.

So many times, new features like this are mentioned, and Sim is sat in the corner, waiting to be noticed. (with naval usually in the opposite corner also waiting)

2 Likes

Limit G 8.5
Limit AoA-16
M=0.9
limit AoA<15
Limit G 8.5

M=1.04
limit G=7.5
limit AoA<15

care to explain this screen shot

This is a simulator that completely replicates all aircraft systems.

He’s trolling

2 Likes

properly

If you are using that thing in the right top corner its a radar thats shows position of the target from the side

That’s about what I looked like when you claimed to be able to tell apart multiple afterburner modes and turn rates from a blurry, shaky video kilometres away from a jet

1 Like