According to Gaijin/Bug Mods, only the technical capabilities are needed.
Not only, but it’s one of the major ones
No no, only.

Lmao the brochure standard is literally the only source for most top tier chinese and russian stuff…
and even there they kinda do whatever they want depending on how much info is given lmao
Only just realized; why doesn’t the E variant have EGBU-24…? I thought technical compatibility wasn’t required for those at top tier, only the weight limit?
Technical compatibility is required for all vehicles.
And yet they’ll still reject things for the sake of it.
Crazy work for a munition that looks the exact same :/
Come to think though… How were the SPICE bombs added to the E variant? I couldn’t see a bug report for it but I may just be oblivious
You can check a lot of the bug reports for the JAS39E at the top of this thread, the fixed ones are hidden in a “spoiler” at the bottom of the list. (Spice 250 here: Community Bug Reporting System )
( Source )
Ah, I did look - guess I just couldn’t see it well enough.
Means we can get ASRAAM by the same standard though, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight? :)