Saab-105g 8.3 ccip

Because against SPAA this is how you engage them, there’s no reason to get inside gun range when you don’t have to.

Other question: Why do you focus on the Saab 105G?

As US (or France, Germany, Israel) you can also take the F-84F, which carries a more powerful and versatile ground-pounding arsenal. Sure, CCRP instead of CCIP, but with a bit of practice just as deadly.

2 Likes

Because CCRP is not CCIP

They can go for long range bomb drops but at the cost of accuracy and a longer time for the tank to get away. Even with the ccip, you still have to spot the tanks and the smaller changes in the planes movement cause larger changes in where the bomb will drop.

1 Like

CCIP is constantly calculated impact point. This isn’t a laser guided bomb from 10KM tracking a moving target, it’s going to fall where the crosshair is.

1 Like

At any distance/altitude out of SPAAG effective range there’s little difference, except a different approach and one more button to press.

1 Like

SPAA effective range is much lower at this BR range and with CCIP you can more easily adjust to movements you and the target makes. CCRP requires set up and a stationary target, CCIP less so.

Yes, and the amount of distance the crosshair will change is much larger at further ranges.

Not sure what bomb sight the Saab 105 really used. COULD be the Saab BT-9, which was also used by the Etendart and the Hunter Mk.58, but in game is iirc only modelled for the Etendart, and there also only as CCIP, whereas in reality it would be more like CCRP: You aim at a point on the ground, pickle, pull up and the BT-9 calculates the release time for the bombs.

For the Mk.58 there’s actually a bug report running about this, as it atm still lacks any ballistics computer in game.

1 Like

well. sure it has a tighter turn radius at 26s but with the low max speed and the very fast loss of speed at those turns you become an easy target. your options are low, fast and straight or REALLY high and slow.
the only thing there is to compare to within the same BR is the F-84F with a turn time of 28s. But it has a higher max speed, higher g-load toleration, has combat flaps and has a higher optimal speed for ailerons and elevators. this means that it can hold a higher speed when full turning making it harder to hit comparatively.

so for its BR its not rly that agile but since most other strike aircraft in that range are BR 7.7 then yes, compared to those, it is quite agile.

i would have to disagree. why do you think the AHEAD system shoots as fast as it does? or the Phalanx CIWS?
there is a reason modern AA guns are developed with high rate of fire.

that being said. the M163 has a velocity of 1030m/s for all of its rounds. compare that to the M247 with 1175m/s (about 10% more) it isn’t that mush faster.
or something more moderna like the Panzir-S1(990m/s) or ADATS (1100m/s) or Geopard L1A2(1175m/s) or PGZ04A(1050m/s)

So its still on par in velocity with even modern AA guns.

no it’s not, its harder to use but with the same plane/bomb at the same speed/distance and releasing at the same time bot CCRP and CCIP have the same accuracy. its just that CCRP requires a bit more setup before but then no thought after (you just hols sown bomb release button and the plane releases the bomb at the exact correct moment) whilst CCIP requires almost no setup but a lot more focus and aim when actually dripping the bomb. the only main difference is playstyle and setup.

Actually, CCRP may even be more safe to use, because you can “mark” your target while you’re still out of AAA range, level off to stay out of AAA range, and drop the bomb, while with CCIP you definitely need to dive to aim and drop. making it easier for AAA to target and engage you…

Sure, precision and accuracy isn’t the best like that, but for precision and acuracy to be really good with CCIP, you also need to get closer, which means deeper into the AAA-bubble…

1 Like

true, didn’t think of that part of it :)

CCIP is precise irrelevant of your motions CCRP isn’t

No.

CCIP accuracy and precision depends a lot on altitude / distance to target, just like CCRP: The closer I am, the better is my accuracy (ability to hit the point I aim at), as well as my precision (the “scatter” around the point I aim for). And this is independent of whether I mark a impact point with my crosshairs and let the computer pickle the bomb, or whether I aim the crosshairs at the impact point and pickle myself.

Actually, in reality a CCRP system should be more accurate than a CCIP system, as you need to enter the elevation of the target there - an information a (early) CCIP doesn’t even have. In WT it’s much simplified, and somehow in CCIP and CCRP in the game the ballistics computer magically knows at what elevation the point under the crosshairs is…

Btw, I noticed also that the accuracy of the CCIP is much dependent on aircraft or era: I play A-7 and A-10 a lot in Sim atm, both with Mk.82’s against tanks: With the A-10’s CCIP I manage roughly 8 kills out of 10 bombs, with the A-7 only maybe 3, 4 out of 10, no matter how careful I aim…

CCIP is precise.

CCRP is affected by your plane’s movements during release.

CCRP is determining the release BASED on your plane’s movement!

Of course you need to be well aligned horizontally, which can be considered a slight drawback if compared to CCIP, but that’s about it…

well no. no it isn’t…
CCRP does not lett you drop your bomb unless it calculates a hit on the marked target.
you can even loft your bombs with CCRP: select target point, fly fast and low to not be seen, pitch up to about 45 degrees or a bit more while holding button and “lob” in your bombs in an arc, and then turn around and hide.

Edit:
imagine CCRP as selecting a point and then having an invisible CCIP aimpoint where the plane does not let you drop the bomb unless the crosshair of the invisible CCIP i straight over you designated point.

Exactly. That’s actually what the BT in BT-9 means: Bomb Tosser.