Russian ammo carousel doesn't explode from engine fire but turret stowed ammo in NATO tanks detonates

ok then, watch this be disregarded as excuses:

the fire damages all components, regardless of where they are, slowly at first, then faster: ammo has a lower health count than crew meaning only one ammo is needed to explode for the whole rack to go off too.

this is why i asked for more, you cant see how the modules are damaged because the video is zoomed in

obviously you can try this yourself since you obviously have abrams, so jump in a custom and ask your friend to shoot your fuel tank

Thats why he rotated his turret before getting killed by fire, the guy on the video knew what was about to happen, before his entire crew dies due to fire he tried to kept his one last shot in his pocket but Gaijin’s obvious choices denied his chance.

You dont need to see entire module damage in order to understand whats going on, as i said countless times turret was way off from that fire and if we assume hull was also breached by it entire crew should’ve been burned alive before ammo cook off.

İmagine telling someone to recreate this scenario while he constantly experience this nonsense.

İ see nothing but lame excuses from you its obvious you have nothing left in your pocket yet you’re using same excuses over and over again, if you dont have anything solid i suggest dont push this conversation further,

Why doesn’t ammo in ammo carousels have the same damage from fires?

who said fire doesnt travel inside

if its so pronoun why arent there people crying about it

it does? like i said, the damage is slow at the start. like VERY slow

Ammo carousels do not cook off from fires. The crew dies before cook off.

The crew death time is the same in the Abrams ignoring vitality crew level. The difference is that the ammo itself will cook off beforehand.

This is a disparity that is not justified and is illogical considering that turret stowed ammo is in a completely different compartment compared to the ammo carousel which is directly next to the engine.

1 Like

Gajin and Russian mains be like: Provide solid proof or it didnt happened.

Community provides solid proofs and documents

Gajin and Russian mains be like: Noooo this is not enough we need at least 30 more source and documents.

1 Like
Spoiler

https://streamable.com/nfw1ft
https://streamable.com/1bnckl

result of my experimentation(lvl 1 crew)
@Panther2995 @Vamilad

while it does happen, which i was proven wrong of, it takes a damn long time and usually isnt what you’d die from unlike the t90m

1 Like

And it eventuelly blows up…

This is not how it works… He asked for a proof, then you should provide it. If you can’t prove it, you don’t know what you are talking about.
Being sceptic about the truthfullness of somebody’s statement without said person providing any proof is not just a reasonable thing to do, but it is in fact the most reasonable thing to do.

You make a statement, the burden of proof is on you.

You don’t have to dodge the question, because at best it makes you look extremely dishonest.

Now, if you ask him to provide proof, that he plays the game, while these records are public, then you can just look at his stats.
So here you go, here is the proof of him playing the game:

lmao what?!

Do you want to test this out? I have a few such tank…

It does…

See? You can admit when you are wrong. Not like @Vamilad

EDIT:
I actually tried to do this in the test drive, but from ~10 tries, 9 times the fuel instantly exploded (so much for bias), an on that single example where it did not, the bot extinguished it. Next shot in the fuel blew it up.

1 Like

There isn’t a need to show how the issue works ingame. If you were not aware of the issue then you don’t play the vehicles and your experience to this thread is pointless.

Fuel explosion =/= Ammo cook off

The ammo carousel does not cook off, turret stowed ammo in the Abrams does.

Both tanks will burn to death from an unextinguished fire.

One tank will be able to ignore the burning fire for the extra 10 seconds to return a shot in a critical moment, the other one will lose its entire ammo load because Gaijin has decided to not code the literal dimensions of the tank and instead to consider the turret box as outside the tank directly on top of the fire.

The same exact failure of modeling can be found on the QN506 whose ammo cooking off sets the engine on fire repeatedly despite being in the air away from the engine entirely.

Gaijin’s modeling is horrific.

If you make a statement, you should be able to provide evidence for it.

You don’t have to strawmen it.
I never claimed that fuel explosion is the same. I wrote that to illustrate, that it was hard to just set the tank on fire, because the fuel kept exploding.

This can be tested. How strange, that you did not even mention my offer…

Finally something true :)

You’re continuing to suggest that there is some “claim” that’s being purported.

This is how fires function in War Thunder.

Turret stowed ammo is not modeled the same as other ammo in the game.

Gaijin considers it a model which can be interacted with by fire from the engine. Meanwhile the same modeling isn’t afforded to the ammo carousel. Why?

Yes. You claim, that russian autoloader ammo does not explode from fuel fire, while NATO ammo does.

EDIT:
Just like i made a claim, that in fact russian ammo does detonate that way.
What is the difference between us? I have provided evidence. You did not!

“fuel fire”

You’re still focusing on fuel explosions, that’s not what’s in question.

Yes. What do you think what burns? Pixies?

Anyway, keep on coping instead of admitting that you are wrong!

The crew burning to death is not what is in question.

You’re stating that fuel explosions are what the topic of this thread is about. It is not.