Ruhrstahl X-4

however I am not sure if i wanna make the belly back as that was never built and is part of the C-3 variant maybe in the future when I make other 262 variants I can make it but not for my B variant

1 Like

actually remmeber seeing a good few images of it, it did exist but for the life of me i cant seem to find it

EDIT:

3 Likes

I see

2 Likes

Image result for me 262 jet afterburner
afterburner when ???

1 Like
1 Like

You should post it in the Me 262 topic :3

3 Likes

Best part about that is that the F-80 F-84 people always cry that the 262 is OP I am like what how? They accelerate better climb better turn better They are literally better in any regard to the 262

2 Likes

Trying to use my X-4 against an enemy F-80 but it goes right past him and doesn’t explode because its specifically tuned to the engine of the B-17

1 Like

You know that isn’t actually an afterburner right??

Gotta check these days…

That particular engine probably has less than 10 minutes of existence left when that video was taken…

1 Like

maybe its tuned to the amplitude more than the frequency?
i doubt they could manage such precise acoustic channels

its the closest i could find to a video of the jumo 004E engine model with afterburner

Not a video, not a Jumo 004, not on a 262… maybe not even an afterburner either!! :)

me 262 hg1 and hg2 where planned to have addtions of this engine but war ended before it could happen

Its tuned to the doppler shift frequency

Idk lmao I was making a meme more than anything

But in theory if it is tuned to the B-17 engines then nothing but B-17 engines should set it off. Concessions could be made though I guess

1 Like

Is this even modeled in this game?:

You mean every single aircraft that uses the ¿¿¿(Pratt & Whitney R-1690)??? should set it off…

2 Likes

*Wright R-1820

which gives us:

https://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?search=Wright+cyclone+1820&title=Special%3ASearch&profile=default&fulltext=1

as you can see… its a pretty big list

1 Like

I mean yes but how many of those are realistically going to be fighting something with an X-4

Idk. Lets see how many aircraft can carry the X-4

Off the top of my head it was an Fw 190 A-5 (I think), the Me 262, and like maybe one more that I can’t remember

But also the whole “just B-17 engines” thing is a meme I have little to no doubt they’re just going to model it as radio proxy similar to the AA.12