Rheinmetall 130 mm Demonstrator - Future Tanknology

I have read through the thread, its pretty much saying what i just said

1 Like

No… Rheinmetall Defence has a UK based branch, along with many other countries.

The 130 mm Demonstrator has nothing to do with BAE, Rheinmetall UK, or RBSL. It was built in Germany by Rheinmetall Germany and tested in Germany.

2 Likes

the thing you posted literlay confirms what i said, the challenger was choosen because it fits better

1 Like

All that says is that they got clearance from the UK to make the modification.

2 Likes

btw google where Unterlüss is

1 Like

Not the case bud, here is the literal snippet regarding it from the UK , in relation to the British Army’s armoured vehicle capability:

source: https://committees.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/10995/default/

Reason testing goes on in germany is explained here: Why was Challenger 3 sent to Germany to be tested?

Testing for the 130 is similar reason, as its due to proprietary ammo testing, which is simply cheaper to send something over then bring in arms.

5 Likes

@nathanclawfish i love the second part of the article, confirming the whole point is competition against the french 140mm

literaly from the interview with rheinmetall saying they did it for germany lol
Challenger was just more convenient to test and while they are at it they proposed it to the UK

2 Likes

Very obviously a typo. The L55 is a 120 mm gun while the 130 has a calibre length of 52. What is being described here is the RBSL Challenger 2 LEP / 3.

1 Like

true the official designations for the 130mm are either L/51 or L/52, dunno about the differences

Not to be confused with L52 that apparently is the 155mm from the panzerhaubitze 2k

1 Like

I have to point this out. The part you have higlighted is not about the tank, but guns stricly. Purspose of the vehicle can be seen here

3 Likes

i never said it was about the tank, i at all times said the simple purpose of the chally 130 was to test out the gun, it had no other real purpose, it being a chally was simply a choice of convenience, its main purposes wasnt for UK either but simple gun testing nothing more
and thats why i can be seen as possible for both uk and germany
since germany was just as much of a targeted audience as UK

take note how the suggestion is named rheinmetall 130mm demonstrator for germany, it isnt of intrest that it is a chally for us, its just a shell for testing

1 Like

If you want the rheinmetall 130mm for Germany so badly just make a suggestion for a Flatbed truck with it hard mounted to it at this point.

If you want it, than make canone 130 mm yourself for Britain.

Done. Anything else?

I would say that even the BVM and 90M are still a level below the 2A7s/Strv 122s.

But I didn’t count these 2 because the BVM was already in game and the T-90M was only a small upgrade.

Fact still stands this vehicle was made for germany just as much as it was made for uk
And you cant chamge that shrug
Its just like the KF51 130mm not in service by anyone and could go anywhere
Its all in the hands of gajin ,

1 Like

So you want even more unbalanced and unfair top tier. Got it

Didn’t detect the sarcasm, shrug.

I just accept the fact that some nations won’t be as up to par as others.

That’s not a justification. You need all nations to be competitive in top tier.