Rheinmetall 130 mm Demonstrator - Future Tanknology

Its already a fact that at some points other nations will be left behind.
UK and sweden for the longest time lacked a competent top tier fighter.
Right now germany lacks a competent gen 4 multi role aircraft.
Its just what it is

2 Likes

This isn’t me giving my opinion on who should get it. But this argument is very, very poorly thought-out.

You would lose the entirety of cold-war west Germany as they all use L7 derived guns until the Leopard 2. The L7 105mm cannon is a British cannon, you can find it in every Leopard 1 in the German tree but the L/44 premium, both modernised M-48’s and every TAM in-game.

3 Likes

Smin even said something like this a few times, some nations will have gaps where others will not.

I understand your concern, however I don’t believe nations should be held back because other tech trees lack, individuals have the choice to play a tree with the up gunned vehicles.

I mean you know if you guys want the Challenger 130 just because a German company put the gun in it therefore it’s a German manufactured tank then kindly give the Swiss Hunter to the British tree (we built it) and stop asking for the Swiss F/A-18 (It’s American) and the Polish F-16 (Also American). Also I guess the SK-105 should be given to Fr*nce because Austria isn’t in the game.

1 Like

No one asked for the Swiss Hunter for Germany. And are you suggesting that the SA Gripen should go to Sweden?

1 Like

Aren’t you the guy who’s always asking for vehicles from Commonwealth nations even if Britain has nothing to do with them?

Actually the Gripen should go to a ZA tech tree. It’s definitely more fleshed out that Israel ever will be.

Yes.

1 Like

Actually it was suggested as one of the options in suggestion thread.

Going by the poll in the Swiss Hunter thread, yes that is what that poll would indicate. (However SA is at this point a sub-tree)

1 Like

Yes, and it was one of the least voted for options

So Britain should have no top tier jet then?

SA is a subtree for britain and vehicles are prefferably under the flag that used it. So i dont see any reason to change it.

30% of the non swiss and non-“other” votes.

Most in that thread said it should go to a Swiss tree or Swiss subtree.

And it’s for the same reason that Britain got a SA subtree that German players are asking for a subtree too; to fill gaps in the tech tree. Be that with Argentina, Switzerland, or some other nation.

Which constituted a grand total of… seven votes…

This is OT anyway.

Yes, there werent a lot of votes total.

so it was a challenger 2 turret base too i imagine

i mean, nobody debated that part

Yea… Im sure i can find a few. Too bad i cant be bothered ;)

its a slightly/heavy modified challenger turret thats realy not debatable, any blind guy realy sees that
those who debate that point realy dont know what they are talking about
The affilation is questionable with the recent article and interview with the rheinmetall ceo.
But not that it used a chally base