Rheinmetall 130 mm Demonstrator - Future Tanknology

So, because a mid vehicle whos high pen as it’s only gimmic is added, vehicles without the downsides which make said vehicle mid need to be added, whilst still keeping that high pen, which would curbstomp every single toptier tank in the game? What kind of logic is that? Do you seriously believe that every tank being able to lolpen every other tank would be good for the game?

You might not like it, butbits coming.
The game is steadily progressing with more vehicles.
I mean for germany this might just be one other vehicle.
But for UK? Besides the progressing chally 3 this is the only current possible tank.
Which might actualy do sth for their line up.
It might not be coming today or tmw.
But the tank will be added

We won’t see them regardless. Japan, Sweden and Italy don’t have any 130 or 140mm upgunned versions of their vehicles.

We already have the 152 mm T-80

That’s not really a top tier vehicle. Leclerc 140, Abrams 140, Leopard 140 and Challenger 2 130 would be. Other nations don’t have anything of that sort so it would make top tier unfair for others.

There are also nations that don’t have any vehicles with active protection systems, yet we still have those

Most of them are starting to implement APS in their tanks. It’s still a new thing.

Wouldn’t be a reason for larger caliber tanks not to be added, these vehicles will probably be separated a bit by BR anyway.

2 Likes

Isn’t the Leopard 140 just a 2A4 with a 140mm gun?

Doesn’t really sound like top tier material to me.

Mind sharing the official statement from Gaijin that this specific tank is coming?

My recommendation reading the whole comment.

No where did i say its coming now.
But at one point it will

Its literaly the same for every vehicle or you are saying stuff like m1a2 sepv4 will never come either. It will come and one point.

And just specifiyng i am not refering to it specialy coming to germany, but in general for UK or germany

1 Like

I could recommend you the same. I never said anything about it coming now.

However if you say “it will be coming”, no matter if you are talking about now or in 5 years, you better have a source to back it up.

Until I see it on a trustworthy leaklist, patchnote or see a devblog about it I will never assume it. You never know anything with 100% certainty like you seem to think you do.

Switzerland one is.

German one is worse, Leopard 2AV with 140 mm gun.

1 Like

It’s not even a Leopard 2A4. Technically it was closer to 2AV if I remember correctly.

1 Like

You honestly think other nations wouldn’t have a problem with select nations receiving tanks that would negate every bit of armor they have?
You either give everyone one of these or none get them.

Object 292 that trains long gone.
We already have those cases

As it stands of course only russia has one of those vehicles

1 Like

Seeing as it’s been 6 months since they added the Strv 122B+/2A7V and in that time have only added a counterpart for 1 other nation, I wouldn’t hold out hope for this.

eh, would count T-80BVM and T-90M at the very least as well

and germany is hindered by not optimal CAS which most other countries all have

Nations that have them should be able to get them despite other nations not having them.

Looking back on this why is it even a suggestion for Germany, it was done for part of Rheinmetall BAE Systems Land Limited (RBSL)'s LEP program, which anyone with the ability to do a simple Google search would know seeing as Rheinmetall defence is the UK based branch of the company that exists solely to partner with BAE on their other ground defence projects, along with a side project with the MOD Support Vehicle Through Life Support contract. Following the info posted above this is clearly a vehicle produced by the MOD’s periodic urge to test out a 130mm gun on the chally, something that crops up every 7 or 8 years, in this case as part of a possible upgrade to the life extension program

3 Likes

read trough the damn thread if you arent even able to do the simplest of research.
The whole thing was build and tested in germany because rheinmetall mostly wanted to integrate the 130 into a vehicle and it was easier to do in a challenger then leopard since its wider
It was build on a LEP because rheinmetall had those on hand, it wasnt part of the LEP programm

2 Likes