Rheinmetall 130 mm Demonstrator - Future Tanknology

No brotherman. This is a Leo 1 hull.
100%. Leo 2K hull looks different. Just look at the UFP.
Here is a early 2K with smoothbore 105
dQzjTHq-SPbNt9d_eT0IxRUw1Lb6lOLNGXdegHGvFzY

4653_04g

All 1st gen prototype hulls are practically the same. Although I don’t know, which one of the 16 it used.
1st gen prototype hull with T11 for reference.
Leopard T11 Sichtmittel

Thats just factually wrong. Look that front at the full mate. Completly different angles to that of a Leo 1.
And when i originally said “mounted on leopard 1 hull” i was referring to this pic
4653_04g
Leopard 1 Fahrgestell - Leopard 1 Hull
The Pic comes from the Rheinmetall Archieves too…
Im pretty sure you misunderstood what i was trying to say from the start, as i was referring to a very specific picture.

I only mentioned the Leo 1 hull cuz that’s what T19 mod. was first mounted on, be that as a carrier or for actual tests and if I recall correctly, you posted the image of it in some other thread before. Obviously the NPzK equipped T19 mod. used a Leo 2 prototype hull, which is quite different compared to a Leo 1 hull. What I meant, is that the 1st gen prototype hulls don’t differ much from each other. I guess I didn’t express that clearly.

yeah. so we were talking passed eachother. figured :D

+1 add Germany

Defense mirror is not a reliable source and its wrong
The rheinmetall 130 was built and tested in germany
All the pictures were made in the german testing facility amd we have pictures proving that.
Additionaly as i already stated earlier as well.
Its mainly a demonstrator for the 130mm for which germany is a customer as well. It being a challenger is secondary. Rheinmetal only choosed it because its easier to implement

2 Likes

bring on the source

i need a source that clearly state out of doubt that Rheinmetall UK had nothing to do with it

Discussed here tested filmed etc in germany Rheinmetall 130 mm Demonstrator - Future Tanknology - #145 by BagelIsMyWaifu

2 Likes

Even if its not a source rheinmetal UK has nothing to do with it.
Its prove the german part obviously had a massive part in it. Since it was produced and

tested here

Rheinmetall uk most likely worked as liason for communication

1 Like

Developed and tested for the British army under the Challenger LEP which was granted to Rheinmetall UK

while the Germans tried to sell the 130mm to UK at the same time, it remains the tank was designed by Rheinmetall UK. regardless of where it was tested.

Do you ever wonder where Rheinmetall got the Challenger 2?
maybe you got the order wrong. maybe it was Rheinmetall BAE (UK) who designed the tank and since the 130mm was complicated to take out of Germany, it was tested there and nothing more.
it’s a cunning tactic to try to standardize the 130mm as NATO gun. Rheinmetall is competing with Nexter to have the gun adopted while France tries to get the 140mm Ascalon gun adopted. if the UK had taken this gun, it would have been a huge blow for Nexter in the MGS program.

at the same time, Rheinmetall just sold 200 KF51 to Italy.

regardless, it remains this tank was built for the Challenger 2 LEP. just this fact speaks for itself.

2 Likes

The challenger 130mm is a testbed for the 130mm gun, it was never meant for the British, and especially not meant to be part of the Life Extension Programme.

2 Likes

Rheinmetall UK has no design office or any independent operation from the main company, its a purely management oriented office to coordinate the ventures of Rheinmetall in the UK.

The website makes this pretty clear

And of the companies Rh UK does manage, the only that could even pull this off is RBSL, which we already know isnt responsible since the tank is pretty clearly marked “Rheinmetall”, not “RBSL”

1 Like

Most likely still the 120mm version

Even if we say it has been designed by rheinmetall which is only a sub company.
Still means it was build in germany

The whole thing was years ago the rheinmetall 130 was shown esrlier then the KF51 with 130mm where the 130mm itself was still only in testing stage. One of the main reasons it was done to shoe the possibility of it being installed to germany as well.
Because the leopards would have needed to much rework.
Its more likely rheinmetall requested the challenger for the exact purposs of testing the 130mm and not even necesarily to advertise it to UK specialy

5 Likes

4 Likes

oh thanks, he clearly says that the challenger 2 is wider then the leopard and those easier to install and actualy test it on a moving platform. Thanks for profiting the proof for what we already assumed to be the case xD

2 Likes

Challenger 2 is a better tank than the Leopard 2 and as such Chally 130 is better than the KF51. Excellent.

its better in the sense of being fat lol, sadly being fat doesnt equal well armored either
if you ask gajin at least poor namer

2 Likes

Due to my ability to read, I can deduct that it was put on the challenger 2 not because Rheinmetall felt like it but because it was ordered by the British, you can tell this by the use of customer which definition means “a person who buys goods or services from a shop or business”.
Clearly Germany did not have a need or want for this vehicle.

1 Like