Request to modify/remove Rocky Canyon from Heli PVE rotation at low heli BR

The Rocky Canyon map for Heli PVE at lower end of Heli BR, needs either a rework for fairness for earlier heli BR or removed…

This map has got to be the worst one to get when doing heli pve… almost to a trolling point…

First, the most glaring of the issues, the za-35… which has immense accuracy, and range to which to begin attacks at about 4km… which most of the heli at that lower BR cannot even engage until about 3km… and with how insanely accurate they are immediately upon firing, there is barely a chance to try and out maneuver their guns before being taken down… I have seen an entire group of 5 players from varying angles be taken down by just one within a matter of seconds, as it can swing its guns so fast… The most viable option being the mi-24 with their 4km engage distance Falanga atgm, but even still that can be risky. It is just too unfair for the player at that br, to be honest.

Secondly, the mgs on the top of the apc/tanks that you face in the column of convoys…
Like the za-35, somehow in this map only, the apc/tanks can snipe you from starting at about 2km, regardless of your maneuvering as well. The other maps, they fire, but do not have nearly as close accuracy as they do in this map, it is to the point where its literally just additional AA to deal with AFTER the AA already in the convoys…

Third, the distances to cover in the map… for most of the early heli, traversing this map is an absolute nightmare as it has such huge chasms and long distances that to be fair, is best to just find a place to land, and reset if you are further out and need to head near a helipad to attack an objective.

Given what is available to most early BR heli, this map really needs to be reworked or removed in fairness to the players… I get it, people will argue otherwise that it is completely fine, and for you perhaps it is, but for many players, I usually see them discouraged and leave as it isnt worth their time to them, and I want to rectify that, it can be annoying being alone within the first 15 min of that map.

Any additional comments, suggestions are welcome, just really want to make a better experience for players both new and old, but these types of conditions (albeit all the pve modes need a massive revamp) really should be addressed to improve for everyone in my opinion.

5 Likes

I totally agree. I’m currently playing on Rocky Canyon as of now and it’s buggy as well. Currently, I’m waiting on a convoy attack on a sector that hasn’t started a long with a counterattack that hasn’t happened either. The convoys are stupid and there is nothing in early helicopter BR that can hit out of range without getting closer and sniped before doing anything. I think this map should be removed from the roster overall.

1 Like