Remove the Trust limit

And just seeing now it seems like I can edit already anyone else have the option?

We have made it accessible for everyone

Considering how outspoken some parts of the community were before and the fact there is more or less an auto censor at a certain trust level makes it worse. Let’s say that whoever looks at Xbox posts suddenly censored us all on their end, how would we be heard by them if they can’t see the posts?

1 Like

They turned the forum into a grind as well, have to get your daily logins to 50 out of a 100 days, must have viewed up to a 125 topics in that period, so those are your daily tasks, must have read up to 5000 posts in a 100 days, that’s your special task.

And then you must do this constantly or you’ll lose this trust level, which is the battlepass grind.

Now all we are missing is a forum economy, getting likes gives you 10k SL, getting flagged costs you a 100k SL but you’ll be able to buy more SL of course.

2 Likes

I agree their new design will allow for the bad members or the community to gatekeep, this is an inevitable stop in the road for this new forum if they don’t fix it before it becomes an issue.

Essentially their going to see the forums user population section it off into micro nations made up of factions of users and each article created will be a volatile demilitarized zone filled with border checkpoints basically.

As far im aware are the Trust Levels editable. Regarding the “auto moderation” have a Look to this topic

Ah, so the Forum now has an economy and a grind, very in-character.

2 Likes

If you guys remove the levels and only have mod tiering like in the last forums then i wojld be more comfortable here. Without fear of someone editing my comments later on.

No one can Edit your posts… only staff will have that option, and we only edit posts to remove certain imagery and or “Bad Words”

4 Likes

So no one can get to level three then ?

It is just a fact that others cannot edit your posts

Now whats the feature that no longer lets me directly reply to people?
Seems very similar to shadow banning IMO, seeing as my reply would be lost in the thread

What do you mean you cannot directly answer posts? You do not have Replay button under all posts?

1 Like

What it says is if you are level 3 you can make your OWN posts editable by others (a wiki post). You can’t edit other people’s posts until 4 (unless presumably they are wiki).

Level 3s can only group block level 0s. Since a zero has been on the site less than 10 min and hasn’t interacted with the site at all. This will help remove actual spam and shouldn’t affect regular users.

It would be good to see a real matrix of what the various rights levels are after Gaijin’s adjustments, not just default Discourse. But I’m really underwhelmed by the various projected bad scenarios here.

1 Like

Whenever I click reply it says I’m directly replying but it does not link to the post I’m trying to reply to, I can only reply to myself and mods it seems

1 Like

Test

Seems to be resolved

Think it only works if the post is separated by other posts, but if you reply to a post above yours it just doesn’t bother for some reason, which seems like a questionable design choice.
I’m replying to your post now but not sure if it’s working as intended.

Edit: Clearly doesn’t work then, just stupid website design.

3 Likes

Seems to be it, Im replying to you so lets see if it works

So while I was writing the post, yet another one defending this new forum system, one of my posts was hidden (for using the word “condescending” about a mod’s choice of word). I might not be defending the new forum as much now, safe to say. Or even participating as much for that matter.

Anyway, last thought here, the real issue wouldn’t seem to be the trust issue, it’s that person making the decision to block you is wholly unknown to you now. Now moderators can block anything you write and all it tells you is “the community” did it for doing… Something. Whether it’s a bunch of other players you offended or just one mod, you shall never know. The individual responsibility is hidden in, and empowered by, the shadows of collective judgment. Personally I’d rather know who my accuser was… YMMV.

4 Likes