Remove R-27ER

I agree, that’s why I mention back I am totally cool with the current set up until Germany & Italy get full replacements aircraft at 12.0.

The F-4F ice is a 12.0 aircraft. British Harriers and Italians, plus US will get aim-120 as well. The lower active missile carriers are 12.0-12.3. This is where the J8F will sit too.

I think that is what GJ is waiting for these to revaluate the ER

We are going to have to get legitimate Mig-29 9-12As eventually for lower BRs at some point.
They can never drop BRs unless they remove the ER from these inappropriate models. The 9-12 of the Soviet Union cannot come to the game unless the ER is removed from itt. There is no point.
The ER is the missile holding them from lower BRs. The R73 is found lower BRs. Even the aim9M is found below 12.0.

The ER is holding the current 9-13 from lower BRs & it does not even have R73….

They can then can give us the actual 9-13S with ER comparability with R-77s at 12.3 too.

The SMT can hold 4 R-27ERs (its full capability does not end with the R77.) and we will get more modern variants of the mig29 after that too.

F-4F ICE is as much a 12.0 aircraft as Mig-29SMT is.
Similar airframe performance, F-4 gets 2 more missiles, both get IRCCM and AARH missiles.

The way the SMT flies. I agree 100%

I challenge you to fight my MiG-29SMT in the F-4F we can ascertain how true that statement is

One is hilariously outmatched in all regards compared to the other…

I don’t know your skill level in 1v1s, and I’m mediocre by my own assessment.
I also lack the Mig-29SMT myself to participate in a swapping 1v1s.

Defyn’s videos on the subject are ultimately superior to what you and I can provide in data.

1 Like

I very seriously doubt Defyn claimed the F-4F is on par with the MiG-29SMT. If he did, he’d still be wrong and it would harm his credibility.

One could probably make the argument that the SMT is as useful as the F-4F in dogfights with some of the top competitors at their respective BRs but that wouldn’t make them equals.

Facts are facts.
The Mig-29SMT’s airframe performance isn’t as good as you seem to think.

1 Like

You weren’t discussing any facts, on paper and in practice the F-4F doesn’t stack up against it. There really isn’t a single category that it could.

Both have similar turn rates and TWRs…
The Mig-29SMT can pull more AOA for a slightly better shot, but that ruins it in the long run.

1 Like

The turn rate of the MiG-29SMT is significantly higher than the F-4F, what you’re claiming is verifiably false.

It can handle higher AoA and performs better at slow speed as well. The F-4F is not on par by any metric.

Last I tested it, it was a <0.5 meters per second difference sustained.
Less of a difference if both became slow.

1 Like

Under what parameters?

According to this data what you’ve said is again… Verifiably false.
Screenshot_20240525-225911
Screenshot_20240525-230004

That explains your conclusion… you gave the Mig-29SMT far less mass.
It’s neither minimum nor parity fuel in either category: AB time, or mass.

Granted, SMT you can’t get AB time at this dime since localhost doesn’t give fuel consumption.
You can run parity on mass though without math.

Parity on AB time can be technically calculated with 9.13’s fuel consumption, and that’ll leave SMT with a heavier fuel weight to F-4E/F.

My tests were on minimum fuel, which granted SMT a slight advantage due to having less fuel mass on minimum than the F-4.
If I ran parity fuel mass then I suspect they’d be even closer.

1 Like

Disparity is higher as you lower fuel, idk how you came to your conclusions but they’re wrong.

Even when F-4F is on 20 mins vs 30 for SMT there is a massive gap.

Remove R27ER/ET, Aim 7, Aim 57, Aim 9, Magic’s, yk what, just remove the jets too tbh

1 Like

The F-4 Phantom carriers more fuel than the Mig-29SMT.
The disparity is largest when they have the same dry-thrust time, which they don’t in your test since the RD-33 engine runs faster than the in-game timer.
F-4F on 20 minutes is 3749kg. Less than F-4E on 20 minutes, but still heavier than SMT…
Mig-29SMT is 3287kg.
1565kg vs 1304kg minimum, not as disparity in fuel weight as I thought.
2:25.
16.8 at 530kph F-4F.
18 at 530kph for SMT with 1565kg fuel. [there was a change since the last I tested, solid fair enough]
16.3 at 530kph for SMT with 2 minutes 25 seconds of AB time.

[Math is kept secret for holding advantage reasons. I know, I’m selfish sometimes.]

I can calculate for parity on SMT’s 30 minutes of fuel too.
16.2 degrees per second at 300 knots. 16.4 at 400 knots.

Of course in air RB, SMT’s limited to 12G like F-4F, and no one’s bringing 30 minutes of total fuel with Mig-29SMT cause they fear the fuel consumption.

1 Like

It was more of a joke…

Then again, the F4F early is the lightest phantom & is an excellent dogfighter. Damn I miss that thing.
Have you played it? Any F-4? No?

You just talk on the forum I forgot.

The thing is İCE model will be much heavier then Early version.

If both pilots have equal skill levels ICE will not stand a chance against SMT.

I was more joking like I said, but @AlvisWisla is correct & only people who actually played the jets will know. Like myself. played both

I miss the early though that thing is a dogfighter. I am playing again rn.

Well i played ever single Phantom model in this game and i can easily say in order to beat SMT you need to have higher skill level.

ICE will be nice addition but SMT is superior plane overall.