Remove PL-12 from Chinese Su-30MKK

1v1 missile duel since ron was talking about comparing missiles

1 Like

so we are doing a duel while trying to keep r73s and pl8Bs???

And then you expect people to take you seriously

yes but if we don’t remove r73s , pl8B it isn’t too fair since where and I want to see a quote of them saying no fox2

I literally do not care about IR missiles

Ron suggested a missile joust

So it won’t matter what missiles get used as long as it was PL-12 vs R-77

whats the jets

Su-30MK vs Su-30MK
Although I might downgrade if I’m doing too well and feel like having fun :)

1 Like

maybe in like 1 or 2 days when I’m actually locked in I haven’t played realistic and actually tried to win in a while this is not deflecting guys…

its simply when we both will likely have more time

I have time till the 29th, then I can only really play on the weekends or after work

Maybe I’m missing something, but I see zero actual evidence supporting unconstrained radar scanning in Automatic mode.

From the panel description and available documentation, Automatic mode appears to mean the system itself shifts the search zone between the three discrete positions (center / left / right) when a designated track starts to leave the current sector. Manual mode simply requires the pilot to make those same shifts with the buttons.

Where does the idea of fluid / freely steerable TWS behavior come from? It feels like it got accepted without any real sources backing it up.

You have to ask @Ralin since he made the report

Sources state that the center of the scan zone automatically follows the primary target.

This would be impossible if the rotation were discrete.

Moreover, all these radars are capable of smooth rotation; it is simply that, for some odd reason, this function is not directly accessible to the pilot. The antenna can rotate smoothly—for instance, when receiving commands from the ground, or during TWS mode while tracking the primary target.

Soo track radar can rotate smoth SRH radar no ? If pilot cant do manually

I didn’t quite understand your question.

Smooth turning is available only in TWS mode, as it should be.

Ah ok

“The pilot cannot directly access it”… Right, meaning he wouldn’t be able to do it.

It is a production aircraft, so it should be accurate. If this were a prototype, I could see the argument for giving it things it never actually had, like the F-16XL getting AIM-120s or the Yak-141. But for a production platform, where they usually shut down bug reports over the tiniest missing piece of documentation, this just feels like a blatant double standard.

In tws it automatically tracks the target.

In search pd mode it is limited to 3 sections of scanning

automatically tracking the target doesn’t mean you can freely scan in between 2 zones.

I’ve already explained to you how it works. If you didn’t understand, read it again.

There’s a reason why they introduced this only for the TWS mode.