Remove all "auto flap management" from all aircraft, it ruins dogfights

all i want is to use my god damn flaps to brake or turn tighter at high speed with some timing. STOP this “auto flap” bs, i can’t slow down or turn. There is already an option called “auto flap management” but lately it doesn’t matter if you turn it off. Most aircraft will fold their flaps in and refuse to pop a single degree the moment you exceed the landing flap rip speeds.

1 Like

Why are you deploying flaps beyond their limitations?

Might be in AB, flaps dont have those limits there.

to pull harder??? you use flap tap at high speed to tighten your turn without breaking them.

You lower your speed to open your flaps and then you turn. Cause unsure you understand how physics work but faster you go, more the harder it is to turn.

4 Likes

And you’re able to deploy them without breaking them? The limitations are tied directly to the flap rip speed, so there is next to no functional difference.

2 Likes

Does any one else here pull 14+g’s in a prop plane when dog fighting or is it just me. This is my counter to mantis I never use my flaps until I hit 14g’s then I deploy the combat flaps to make it even tighter and greater.

You don’t? Flaps only increase your lift and your drag, the only reason to use them is to hang in a stall for longer. If you want to decompress at speed just airbrake/throttle down.
Turning tighter with flaps at optimal elevator speeds will only screw you over and bleed your energy out. You turning tighter is an illusion as you appear inside the turn circle but only because of your lower speed. If your fighting a smartie they’ll just go up in the turn and stall you out.

What game mode you play

There is limitation on modern aircraft only.

I’m pretty sure I saw in the last patch that it came to some late ww2 and Korean war planes

True,flaps for combat and take off/landing are different and not to be confused with airbrakes etc.We also have a million options.If the op is on console then flying is a nightmare.

1 Like

Yes but one can easily disable all automatic flap control in the instructor settings.
Basically either OP didn’t know or is ( more likely) a coping little bozo (sorry)