Remove air vehicles from ground RB

I have for some time now been frustrated with how ground RB is played at specifically top tier. It feels like the point of playing ground RB has changed from actually playing in tanks, to instead being focused on who can get enough spawn points for a jet or heli with guided bombs/missiles.
My suggestion to fix this:

• Remove air vehicles from ground RB
  • Create a new game mode called “Mixed battles” where both air and ground vehicles can be used
34 Likes

This is a must but the devs know that barely anyone would play “mixed battles” because CAS is so annoying and unnatural to the ground gameplay.

5 Likes

Which is your opinion.

5 Likes

We already have four or five “mixed” battles. Ground RB is one of those. If you want to argue this, argue for a separate gamemode, and it would be nice if a billion of these threads aren’t created per day

5 Likes

I do not think that there will be a 5.000 GEs reward by gaijin for opening thread No. 1.000 for the same topic…

I quote myself from a similar thread:

I follow this CAS issue and connected points like ODLs for years now from a pure pilot perspective. It is obvious that gaijin is aware of this, but despite hundreds of threads and thousands of posts i see not substantial changes in their game design.

So from a holistic pov gaijin assesses the current situation as fine. Any attempts to weaken planes in Ground RB or to convince them to implement TO modes are a dead end as they would have a severe impact on their earnings. I mean Ground RB players are forced to buy planes to defend their tanks - so why would they change anything?

Have a good one!

4 Likes

Search the forum in the future before reposting the same idea. This isn’t an original idea.

That said, air has a place in ground battles and should remain there. If you want to change CAS you should suggest other rebalancing.

4 Likes

No.

War Thunder is combined arms. Either adapt, die, or go play something else.

8 Likes

Ground battles irl isn’t solely just tank vs tank anyway, CAS is an integral part of ground fights.

4 Likes

Just learn to play SPAA such as the Bosvark or Skink. Other nations get good SPAA but nobody understands how to use these vehicles. Skink has 4 cannons but almost nobody bothers to use it (hint: it can level up rapidly by shooting out tracks and destroying m18 and PT 76)

It doesn’t help that the playerbase is made up of 9 year old children and overly-confident teens.

1 Like

I mean, I understand but it’s kinda part of the name, RealisticBattles, huh, never thought of that. Heli and Aircraft, and tanks on the same battlefield, nah, that’s not realistic. Even though I don’t agree with you, I understand your frustration.

1 Like

images (15)

19 Likes

Simple: thousands CAS threads created per years, since 2015.

Basic : Game Design always take a dip into your “six o’clock low”, and is not going to give you what you want.

Because: Hello i’m Marketing, this is my main selling argument of the game, to have mixed battles when EVERY Other Gamebrand makes Seperate Games.

Results: adapt or leave ← this is your only choice.

5 Likes

IRL Yeah.

However, WT’s lazy integration of aircraft into GFRB is just shooting fish in a barrel.

Simple: thousands CAS threads created per years, since 2015.

Virtually the same group of people endlessly arguing with each other and anyone else who jumps in. The last forum had an insanely large megathread, and it was pages upon pages of the SAME people complaining.

Basic : Game Design always take a dip into your “six o’clock low”, and is not going to give you what you want.

Game is thriving and has only grown. Seems to be what people want sans company greedy tactics (which they admittedly are doing well to pull back on).

Because: Hello i’m Marketing, this is my main selling argument of the game, to have mixed battles when EVERY Other Gamebrand makes Seperate Games.

What other game is like War Thunder? The uniqueness is what attracts its playerbase.

Results: adapt or leave ← this is your only choice.

It’s as the game has always been.

2 Likes

Believe it or not there used to be things for planes to attack in GFRB that were not part of the tank map. Tankers complained about planes ending matches early by bombing bases and strafing AI.

Just out of curiosity, how often are you killed by SPAA during a dogfight?
Oh wait, I can answer this:

Never.

2 Likes

Actually quite often, especially when I lose my energy, also what is the point of this?

4 Likes

if war thunder is a mixed battles mode, let’s add people in radar spaa to the battlefield and SAM’s.

Not as fun when you are just trying to play air and get bursted out of the sky in a dogfight huh?

2 Likes

Yes, but how commonly do you get bombed in a ground vehicle compared to killed by AI SPAA? I’ll give you a hint: You get killed by planes in ground rb more than you get killed by SPAA in air rb.

Alright cool. So, you are totally fine if there are player controlled Pantsir’s and VT-1 SAM SPAA’s just roaming the battlefield?

Sounds like to me you are fine with it because you want “mixed battles.” Yeah, mixed battles doesn’t just mean planes in tank battles.

3 Likes

SPAAs are so cheap to spawn they might as well be free, I regularly play the Type 93 when I want to zoom around and the PGZ09 when I actually want to be useful