Regulation of IGNs that engage in hate speech should be strengthened

When playing the game, I see so many users using IGNs that make political claims or demean certain countries.
Since there was an official announcement asking people to use the reporting function, we often see accounts that have been using it but have been left unattended for several months.

Couldn’t the regulations be more quickly enforced by recruiting volunteers who are native speakers of the respective languages?
It seems to me that the staff who respond to the reporting function are mainly those whose native language is Russian or English and do not seem to understand discriminatory terms or political claims in other languages.

I understand that you are busy responding to numerous reports. However, I can only assume that they are not getting the support they need in time, or that they do not understand certain languages.

1 Like

It hurts you so much that someone will tell you in the chat that you can not play?, this system that is now in Tue and the forum limited freedom of speech, hiding everything and banning for every thing, sometimes it’s a fear to write something to someone because the ban will get, and I’m not saying that, for example, racism is good because it is bad, only gaijn went into such an absurdity that writing Russia op, you immediately have to hide the thread and so on absurd.

1 Like

Sounds like something you need to talk to a Support person, links are all at the top of the main forum page:

Abbreviations are a pain, you mean In Game Name? (This isn’t 1998 with limited text space on your mobile phone)

Best of Luck
(Using my very offensive in game name, which is hidden by trickey!)

1 Like

Yes, I’m talking about InGameName.
I often see names that disparage specific countries or make political claims. Gaijin said that if you see such a name, you should report it from within the game under the hate speech section, but as far as I can see, it seems that they hardly check Asian hate speech. (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc…)
Since the specifications have been changed to allow the use of words other than the alphabet as nicknames, I think it is necessary to crack down on those who are making claims in other languages that violate the game rules.

Best to just report anything you see that is against the Game Rules, including bad nicknames. If you see a lot that need reporting, use the Server Replay feature as this should not count against any “daily limit”. A brief description of what the name means would be helpful as well. All reports are reviewed by the Game Masters and acted on accordingly, and yes they have GM’s that speak/read many languages. Names can sometimes take a little longer, but as long as you report them, just a matter of time. Yes, the Unicode Display feature that was added recently has seen a growth in bad names I am sure, but that was kind of to be expected with people being people . . lol. Just make those reports when needed and trust in the system and try not to worry about it too much, as you have done your part.

2 Likes

“Couldn’t the regulations be more quickly enforced by recruiting volunteers who are native speakers of the respective languages?”

We have Staff from all over the world, if you check that link that was mentioned it will show you their native language(s) and English being our common language to communicate for this International Team

“It seems to me that the staff who respond to the reporting function are mainly those whose native language is Russian or English and do not seem to understand discriminatory terms or political claims in other languages.”

A great many “discriminatory terms” are understood by our team… some that may slip by us tho, should be brought to our attention, you can report them in game… or by the replay feature if that works too

You can also find GM Staff on hand in game at the lobby, and you are welcome to chat with them and PM them about concerns and or explain why something is offensive… you can also PM GMs or even us Forum Moderators here on our Forum about “discriminatory terms” or other things of concern

You are always welcome to PM Staff here about anything, we are always here to listen and help the best that we can

“I understand that you are busy responding to numerous reports. However, I can only assume that they are not getting the support they need in time, or that they do not understand certain languages.”

It is true, Staff are very busy… all reports are investigated and dealt with as necessary when a GM gets to a report… as mentioned if something is of a greater concern you can report then PM GMs in game

“IGNs” / Bad Names will be dealt with, some bad names faster that others, so names if found to be bad will be dealt with… but, the bad names may take a little while before they can be taken care of

Hope that helps! ? If not, then feel free to PM a Senior Game Master and they can help more!

1 Like