Reggiane Re2006

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Description: The Reggiane Re 2006 was the last aircraft ever made by the company Reggiane and one of the last fighters made by Italy during the Second World War. After seeing the fantastic performance of the Series 5, the Regia Aeronautica in 1942 asked the various industries to increase their engine power by installing a more powerful engine, the DB603. This was the start of the Serie 6 fighters, composed of the G57, Re2006, and C207. On May 9, 1943, The company Reggiane got the commission for the first two prototypes of the Re2006 (MM.540 and MM.541). The construction of the first one started in 1943, but the program got some delays, and when the armistice came, the Germans suspended the construction of the prototype. At that time, the aircraft was complete with only one missing part: the engine. The aircraft was later transferred to a jym in the city of Correggio, where the works were continued under the control of the Germans. But in 1944, the works were interrupted again, and the aircraft was again moved to another location, Talideo. The aircraft was abandoned with the other incomplete and damaged aircraft. The aircraft was demolished in 1946 without making an actual flight. There were other post war version such as the postal and the race one, but nothing more than wood model for the wind tunnel was made.

Why it should be in the game: It will be a fantastic aircraft in the line after the Re2005.

Specifications:

Riepilogo

Wingspan, 11.00m
Length, 8.54 m
Height: ​​3.20 m
Wing area: 20.40 m2
Weight:
empty: 2960 kg
Loaded: 3950 kg
Engien: Daimler Benz DB603
Power: hp 1 x 1750
Maximum speed: km/h 750
Range: km 1100
Maximum rate of climb: m/min 1020
Max Ceiling: m 12000
Crew: 1
Armament: 3x 20mm cannons and 2x 12.7mm machine guns

Sources:

Spoiler

Reggiane Re.2006 - Wikipedia
Уголок неба ¦ Reggiane Re.2006
Reggiane RE 2006 - Una storia vera
Descrizione - Reggiane fighters
Reggiane Re.2006 Истребитель | World Of Man Dreams
Reggiane RE 2006 - Una storia vera
STORMO! RS Models 1/72 Reggiane Re.2006 by Philippe Martin

Pictures

Spoiler

8 Likes

Hideous
+1

4 Likes

+1 I would really like it to be added, especially since it was one of the last almost completed projects, I hope GJ is of the same opinion.
PS: Was the propeller three or four blades?

3 Likes

+100
Re.2006 my beloved.

2 Likes

A +1 from me, and just in case anyone doubts whether it was built, the Politecnico di Milano has parts of the aircraft in its collection including this lovely landing gear!

Spoiler

5 Likes

Three blades I think

How to make a good plane look better is presented by Ing. Longhi and Ing. Maraschini
+1

2 Likes

Abs +1.

3 Likes

Oh yes
I need this to be paired with my G.56
And then to get the C.206 to complete the Trifecta!

3 Likes