there’s a small way to make it slightly better, use the driver assistance mode (it’s a keybind) so the tank turns with your mouse instead of sharply with a/d keys, helps a little bit with losing speed thanks to the overly sharp steering.
It’s drastically increases concealment and peaking shoots on up hills and allows for shooting behind you in urban environments vs having to turn to a degree where you tank isn’t pointing up. It’s uses are dramatically game changing. The Sepv3 feels bulky and slow compared to the M1A1 HC premiums. The turret cheek buff didn’t make a change in my opinion I would say the best Abrams right now is the M1A2 (Trophy-HV).
I’ve ran into similar situation with the type 90 before lol since the gun depression is russian-mbt-esque, I lowered the front suspension to improve the ability to lower the gun but I forgor that now I can’t raise the gun anymore lol
I’d agree if this didn’t actively reduce the Type 10’s already not spectacular mobility, using the suspension in any way up/down or tilting forwards/backwards makes the transmission even more unbearable, alongside when titling forwards, only making the bad vertical angles worse, which can, and WILL get people killed.
??? reducing your already not very good gun depression frontally to look behind you, instead of taking less than a second to traverse (even with Type 10’s terrible horizontal drives) is supposed to be a pro?
from my experience, SEPv3 turret does make a fairly noticeable change, the area immediately to the sides of the mantlet can no longer be penetrated and lead to you get breeched, which slims the mantlet profile and reduces risk of being breeched on ridgelines.
Also, the turret side armor got a nice improvement, and I’ve had a few cases where people have shot my exposed turret side while hulldown and nonpenned, where they’d otherwise ammorack and kill me in older models.
Mobility being worse is just to be expected, and I haven’t noticed a substantial decrease, it’s not as bad as going from Leopard 2A6’s to 2A7’s.
small sidenote, the 12.0 US MBT lineup is among one of the most disgusting undertiered right now, so they’re going to feel much better than top tier ones (as they are effectively just top tier MBT’s, now just missing a shell and thermals) while being an entire BR lower, so compared to what they can fight, they will be better.
For me it has been quite noticable. I also prefer the SEPv3 over the trophy due to how unreliable trophy is as an APS system in game.
I think we’re on different definitions of mobility since I include controlled suspension as part of the vehicles mobility and since the abrams lacks it and the TKX/type 10 don’t I would say it’s on par.
No, instead of traversing forward you can traverse down and slightly back to allow the turret to aim behind your tank in tight spots if needed without turning your entire tank. Behind cover barriers you can traverse UP to allow yourself to see the enemy before they see you in different maps which is situational but very useful. It allows for flexibility in multiple environments. If you’re moving along low hills you flank you traverse down to lower yourself too.
It might be niche but when i started actually using it, it made a huge difference.

Center
Low
High
I agree, too many complaints about reload it should never have. No human loader would be reloading on the move in 5 secs. It should have closer to the Leos Ace crew 6 seconds but people really believe Gajin doesn’t cater to US tanks because they can’t absorb everything shot at it like @Dead_Undertaker I love my Abrams especially the HC and Trophy. I felt the Sepv3 was no different than popping up and down after scouting in the sep.
Playstyle is just different is my guess
I’ve seen the Trophy eat LMURs that’s all I needed to fall in love lol.
I’m also a bit confused what you mean by this. No one should be moving around fully tilted forward unless their firing from a steep hill. It allows for shots I could never get in the abrams without exposing my tank barely.
Center Suspension:
Fully Forward suspension:
They will barely see you and lots of maps have hills like this.
From my experience playing the Abrams, the tank feels incredibly fragile. Almost every hit either results in a one-shot kill or knocks out your gun handling components, leaving you unable to fight back.
Because of that, you’re forced to play very defensively staying behind cover and relying on ambushes. But even that often isn’t enough. A T-90M or T-80BVM can suddenly rush around a corner at full speed, leaving you no time to react or place a precise shot. Even if you do fire, the spall liner may absorb the fragments, and you’re done.
The biggest problem is that T-90M and T-80BVM players don’t have to aim for weak spots on the Abrams. The Abrams itself is essentially one big weak spot, and that’s a terrible gameplay experience.
I believe Gaijin made a serious mistake by introducing the M1A2 SEP V3 without its significant armor improvements. As a result, the SEP V3 actually feels worse than the previous Abrams variants.
You have virtually no effective armor anywhere. Players can destroy you with quick third-person peek shots while you’re still trying to line up a shot at the vulnerable areas of Russian MBTs.
I’ve had it completely let through ground launched ATGMs without doing anything, which was all I needed to see.
And here lies the main thing, your experience.
Failing long enough is technically also experience, just not good experience.
How can it be a bad experience? Didn’t play much? I haven’t played much on SEPV3, but it’s enough to draw a conclusion.
You have over 1000 matches in the V2 and your kd barely going positive, that is an experience of someone repeating the same mistakes bro
Because your skill level means you oversell and undersell a lot of incorrect vehicles, which has been the case for a while.
You think Gaijin made a mistake not buffing the current best performing top tier MBT and arguably one of the best top tier MBTs overall.
At the same time you yet again oversell the T-90M, which in reality is mid-mediocre at best and infinitely worse than the SEPv3.
My experience as an average player suggests this tank is weak. It doesn’t offer any visible improvements to justify replacing the M1A2SEPV2 with LWS or the M1A2SEPV2 Trophy.
And yet you keep downplaying the T-90M, saying it’s a weak tank. In reality, it’s one of the best-protected tanks in the game and has some of the highest survivability. A tank with that level of protection simply can’t be considered bad.
Let me remind you that Gaijin still hasn’t reinforced the SEP V3’s turret ring, and the improved protection against autocannon fire was only given to the M1A1 for some reason. The reason for this is still unclear.
The tank is still vulnerable in exactly the same weak spots as the very first Abrams. If they had at least given it around 500 mm of protection on the lower front plate (LFP), it would have had at least some meaningful advantage. But as it stands, it has none.
It can absolutely be considered weak when armor is the only good thing about it.
Mediocre firepower, bad mobility, survivability that only really works based on luck or depends on facing bad players.
It’s a skill check tank. Mediocre players struggle against it, but it’s incredibly easy to roflstomp for somewhat decent players.
The SEPv3 is so much better than the T-90M it’s not even a contest really.
The SEPv3 has the exact same volumetrics and turret ring as the M1A1.
It’s line up isn’t though
Debatable. US lineup is considerably better MBT wise, but the Russian lineup wins in terms of AA.
Who has better fixed wing and heli CAS is also debatable now, I would likely give Russia an edge there.








