Gayjin ofc didnt take a look at weight saving measures mainly in electronics. Replacing old copper wires with fiberoptics saved 3-5 tons (atleast from what i remember)
Also funny how gayjin thinks they are smarter than engineers buildng tanks for a customer with 1.2 TRILLION USD funding.
We need a lot more sub trees in order to give everyone enough M1s and Leopards to compete, which would have to come in before they unleash all the buffs.
I’m not sure how many people would like all those M1s and Leopards fighting themselves exclusively.
This idea is theoretically possible in a few years, but today or a few years back ? Doubt it.
I think this all ends up with the same problem: how much exactly? With all the weight reductions in some parts and increases in others, it’s impossible to accurately guess the hull armor’s contribution to the overall weight, unless you manage to whip out a list of all exact weight changes for certain parts from M1A1 up to M1A2 SepV3.
Other than that, I do agree that Gaijin should at least show how they got to the number they ended up with
Yeah, I tend not to get hull shot often when in the Abrams except on close-quarters maps where I’m already showing my side armor anyway.
The front hull armor from my experience only manifests itself when I’m on wide open maps such as Fields of Normandy, otherwise I’m usually on maps where hull is either hidden or angled for positioning reasons.
So the turret ring improvements are a much more important factor for me personally.
If the hull roof armor would better represent its IRL capabilities of ricocheting APFSDS rounds as well, I’d appreciate that.
This article reads the same as my mind thinks when I’m researching vehicles.
All of my frustration comes from sources not telling me something important while telling me something is there.
BMPT, BMP2M, etc players: “About that…”
Considering there are rounds that can pen the starboard turret cheek at close ranges [and medium in the case of 292’s round], the cheek armor is appreciated.
This is what TheEuropeanCanadian said: he said that Gaijin took the easiest possible approach — they took the weight changes and equated them to armor. They did not take into account the increase in protection due to new technologies, meaning that the LFP of a 1980 tank and the LFP of a 2020 tank can have completely different levels of protection against kinetic rounds. But Gaijin simply found a 500 kg difference and now they are just going to turn it into a steel plate.
Would it make sense for the team to analyze the data regarding the fiber optic upgrade in SEPv3? Real engineering documents show that replacing copper wiring with fiber optics reduced internal weight by about 3 to 5 tons. If the tank lost that amount of weight in electronic components, but the total combat weight still increased to 73.4 tons, this physically proves that the factory added much more than just 5 tons of heavy composite armor to the hull and turret. If the game simulates weight, it also needs to simulate where that enormous density went. I’m excited about this possible change hahaha, sorry again. @Smin1080p_WT
-To buff abrams’ hull armor: we need documents that clearly state by how much the armor has improved but we won’t because they are classified so deal with it