Red zones and stone walls

Why do you close all interesting positions on the map with red zones and stone walls? The game is getting more and more boring!

2 Likes

That’s what people apperently wanted. They apperently complained about getting shot from bushes, from above certain points like above them or places on the map. Now they edit the maps and turn the game more into it’s own competitor, because people want that.

1 Like

New maps in warthunder are basically built from same template.One zone in town, one zone in little town,one in plain,with tons of trees and ditches in map which make it impossible to snipe.Noobs are happy because they can just press “w” and shoot,hacker are happy because they can kill through woods without countermeasure, and they are Gaijin’s biggest customer.

2 Likes

I agree. We need landmarks that bring out the team’s advantage over certain areas. Teams will use different strategies to occupy the landmarks, such as points A, B, and C.

1 Like

Gaijin want you to brawl. Im playing britian and britian cant brawl. Im getting feed up with it

1 Like

I was going to create a new thread but this one appears to address the topic I want to highlight.
This is getting a bit silly now! So many of these redesigned/“rebalanced” maps recently its turned into a characterless lane shooters, notable exceptions being Poland and European province and to some extent the Normandy rework.
You give us some reasonably sized maps, though I’d like some more larger ones. However you block off half of the map with red no go areas, Mozdok for example is terrible now, I approve of the 2nd spawn point in Carpathians but you cant use most of the left side of the map now. Sands of Sinai being moved left to stop the hill camping is fine but you replaced it with a barren featureless mass in the desert, it just breeds uninspiring gameplay.
Gaijin map designers need to get creative with map design, if the map has a problem change the map instead of just blocking off areas, fair enough if its a temporary measure until they rework the maps but if thats going to happen please communicate it to us. The way it feels now is that they have taken the quick lazy option, and all that does is stifle creative playing options. I dont want to be tunneled. I want the freedom to play the maps, if a person find a snipe spot, thats for the enemy team to learn maps and counter it, dont just block access.
I’m not interested in brawling in a small choke pointed map, if I want to do that I’ll reinstall BF4 and play Metro… I get my enjoyment in this game by countering flankers and campers, being a smarter player. not just mashing W until I get to a choke point.

1 Like

It’s just so boring now. I used to start a game weighing up what strategy to use. Now there is only one - drive forward. Return to hangar upon the first death, or push on and spawn camp. It’s all so tiresome.

2 Likes