Red camouflage for the L3/33 used by the Polizia di Stato

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • Maybe
  • No
0 voters

L3/33 camouflage of the Polizia di Stato.

History.

After the end of the Second World War, Italy was restricted from having or producing tanks. The tanks that still existed were very obsolete, and to avoid throwing them away without making any money, it was decided to reuse them in the Rapid Units of the Italian State Police. Among the tanks used by the police departments, the good old L3/33 (in its various versions) stand out, which finally could be used for its right role, i.e. police and garrison duties. After several years of use, towards the mid-1950s, the L wagons were decommissioned and scrapped/gifted to museums.

The camouflage.

The tank were painted a pink-reddish red color specifically used by vehicles used by the police force. This color was chosen both for its uniqueness and for its high visibility in city traffic and also to cover the old camouflage colors of the vehicles. Furthermore, the writings “POLIZIA” or “Reparti Celeri di P.S.” were added to the side of the tanks.

Pictures and drawnings.

Spoiler

Sources.

Spoiler

CV33 - Wikipedia
Regio Esercito - Lista materiale bellico - Carro veloce L3-35
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM: Il Carro Veloce CV33 (ridenominato in seguito carro L3/33)
Kingdom of Italy (WW2) - Tank Encyclopedia

2 Likes

I love it! This is everything a historical camo should be. It is unique, visually interesting, and has a great backstory. Is the L3 the only vehicle in WT which would use it, or were others also used in the police role? Either way +1.

1 Like

Also the L6/40, M13/40, M15/42 (maybe) Semovente L40 da 46/32 and Semovente 75/18 M40/41.

1 Like

Historic and really cute
+1

1 Like

Great! Let’s give it to all of them!

1 Like

I’m trying rn. I just need more pics for the L6/40, M13/M15 and for the Semoventi.

1 Like

+1 muy caliente

1 Like