READ BEFORE POSTING - Academy Section Information

Welcome to the Academy!

Please read this guide first before posting, as a plea for common courtesy for the forum staff and other forum members.

Whether you are old or new to the game, we’d like to extend you a warm welcome to the Player Academy.

Here you will find a great place to introduce yourself, alongside the ability to gain and provide advice to other players. Community Helpers and moderators pride ourselves on helping forum members on where to go, what to do when you’re stuck as well as other places in the forum that might be useful for you, which we will provide links to below.

Should I be posting here?

The typical types of posts we expect in the Academy are those which centre around getting better at the game, whether that be understanding how to use/counter a specific vehicle, tips for players that are struggling on certain maps etc. this type of advice also extends to game settings like options and controls as well, so if there is a mechanic you don’t understand - don’t hesitate to ask! We also love to see friendly faces in the “New Recruits” section, so don’t be shy, say hi!

The content that shouldn’t be posted here in the Academy are threads regarding constructive criticism or feedback, vehicle discussion, technical support, gameplay suggestions etc. If it doesn’t benefit the learning experience of a forum member, it probably belongs somewhere else.

If you’re ever unsure, contact a Community Helper or a forum moderator and we’ll be happy to help.

Please be mindful that as you are in the English speaking part of the forums, your posts will have to be English. For all other languages, click here.

How is the Academy Moderated?

If you look around, you’ll see the friendly faces of our Community Helpers and forum moderators. Community Helpers are members of the community that were chosen to be recognised for their helpful input and guidance towards the community, and as such the Academy is where you’ll see us the most. If you want to learn more about the Community Helpers, you can find a link giving a more detailed explanation, as well as a list of us in case you want to contact us here. Our PM’s are always open, and we’ll work to help you as best we can. Just be mindful that community helpers are not moderators, and can only help you so much.

The Academy is moderated following the same rules and posting etiquette as everywhere else on the forums, however, the Academy also has limited moderation by the Community Helpers as well.

Community Helpers reserve the right to moderate topics or posts that contain misleading info, rule breaking material, or content that does not fit in the section.

Community Helpers sometimes may use Blue, Medium Blue or Navy Blue when answering topics and or locking them. Please note, you are not forbidden to use these in posts anywhere across the forum.

So how should I post in the Academy?

Great question!

Any question you wish us to answer should be submitted in a separate topic. - Meaning you should search to see if someone has already asked for the same advice, and if not create your own thread.

The Topic Title should reflect the question being asked. - This is the best way of attracting the attention of the people who would be able to answer your question before they even open the thread.

(To ensure that you get the most accurate and best answers from the community, please try to include the game mode you are playing in, or any additional information that we may find useful!)

What can’t Community Helpers answer?

I have a suggestion that I believe will improve the game!

Great! The best place to take your suggestion would be the moderated suggestions section , where a dedicated team of moderators will help you refine your suggestion to potentially be implemented into the game. Just please be mindful of the rules within each category of submissions, as they will also provide you with a guide on how to have your submission accepted. If your suggestion disappears, it means you’ve probably missed something. Don’t worry! You can either try and follow the guidelines and post again, or if you’re stuck - Contact a suggestions moderator.

I have a technical issue with my game!

We’re sorry to hear things aren’t working as they should, to try and get things back on track there are 3 places you can go;

For purchase support, account issues, game issues and technical issues, you can try creating a support ticket on the Gaijin support webpage.

Alternatively, you may also try creating a thread in Community Technical Support, where both staff and the community will do their best to assist you with your issues.

For issues with the implementation of a vehicle, map, or any other bug, you will want to go to the bug reports section.

If you’re just looking for a general FAQ, you can find that here.

Hardware system requirements can be found here.

I would like to have my feedback heard!

That’s fantastic, as the forums accept feedback in all areas. That being said, there are places which are dedicated to such feedback that would be better posted in.

Discussion on gamemodes | Discussion on vehicle implementation in game | Historical vehicle discussion

I want to explore other parts of the community!

To explore the War Thunder esports scene, join squadrons of other likeminded players or check out the cool submissions on the War Thunder Live website and Wikipedia, click here

What I’m looking for isn’t listed here

Please bare in mind this isn’t an exhaustive list, just some useful links for places on the forum which tend to have new users directed to more frequently. If you’re unsure as to where you need to post, please don’t hesitate to contact a Community Helper, and they’ll try to direct you to the best place.

6 Likes

Official notice:

➤ To request help regarding a Chat Ban, please contact a Game Master via Forum PM.

➤ To request help regarding a Name related Account Ban, please contact a Game Master via Forum PM.

➤ To request help regarding a Team Kill related Account Ban, please contact a Game Master via Forum PM.

➤ In case you suspect someone else took control over your account (and got it into trouble…) please contact Support .

➤ To request help regarding Finance related Game Bans (“negative credit card balance” issues) please contact Support .

For detailled information on how and when to report a player in-game for observed or suspected forbidden behaviour, please refer to this Guideline .

Please note that any issues that do not fall under the above mentioned cases can not be addressed by the Game Master Team.

7 Likes