Pre-order: F-20A Tigershark

Did i said i die to missiles a lot? most of the time i’m killed by guns, not missiles.

the low amount of use for flares/chaffs is because i’m not stupidly rushing in the mid-map, trying to spam as much missile i can on peoples that can’t track the full pictures,…

see, i’m more of a pilot who approach his ennemy, undetected, by being a sneaky little B*****d :D
and it works more often than i expected,… maybe thanks to those untrainned recruits in their fancy premiums, but having no clue on what’s going on.

as i’m not using premium account or premium high tier vehicule much - i worked my way through the game economy, and the results is that i’m that little Sneaky plane showing up in your six where you believe there is nothing.

The price increase is ridiculous. It already isn’t worth $70.

2 Likes

No high-res wallpapers that usually exist for dovbleg vehicles?

Best regards,
Phil
---------------- Manual signature until those and profile pics are returned ----------------
Bring back old forum, forum profile pictures, and signatures but most importantly the old forum!

My complete tech trees (incl. all special vehicles) spreadsheet is updated to match 2.23 (only accurate atm for list & status of vehicles): War Thunder Tech Trees 2.31 (V15.00 temp - does not have all the last econ changes) - Google Spreadsheets Contains probably all vehicles WT has published.

They continue to embarrass themselves every update.

1 Like

None of those were ever actually tested, hence why they haven’t been added to the one in-game currently.

The likelihood of a “late” F-20 is also pretty slim, seeing as we pretty much got the best version right here. Everything else was basically paper/proposal.

1 Like

I mean they could conceivably pull a Sea Harrier and add an “early” version to TT…

I don’t like that idea myself, but I’m putting that forward for the sake of argument.

Is there anything on the actual F-20 we have in game/IRL that’d limit/prevent Aim-120 use such as pylons or radar?

A lot of promotional stuff does mention Aim-120 capability.

They really seemed dead set that this jet would fire Aim-120 and wanted potential customers to know about it as Aim-120 was the new stuff at the time still in development and entering service in 1991.

The pics themselves that I posted were from a promotional video from the early/mid 80’s showing what the 4x Aim-120 setup would look like.

It really looks like Northrop were trying to entice potential customers with the future Aim-120 missile as a + for the F-20 itself.

This jets development started due to the govt admin at the time being against exporting certain aircraft/weaponry to certain countries until Reagan’s Admin came and changed policy IIRC.

So having this jet potentially be one of the only export jets to have Aim-120 capability is a pretty good logical selling point to make which they did capitalise on.

This video also shows it’s A2G capabilities such as laser guided munitions which it doesn’t have in game.

Well its not officially launched yet but would be nice to have the laser bombs and harpoon on it since it had that capability

2 Likes

Not true - the design was asked for and designed to meet a US requirement for an an export fighter (F X) .

Had it gone ahead it would probably have been available to Taiwan but for an export block at hte time, but they were not even the only prospective client.

3 Likes

F-X usually refers to Fighter Experimental not Fighter Export.

1 Like

The game’s Creative Director reiterated this point just last year.

Player progression is essential. You can’t give a player everything at once, because it will overwhelm and make the game very difficult for them and they will just leave it either immediately or almost immediately. This has been tested by us many times in different ways. When applied to our game, later vehicles are almost always more difficult to learn and play tactically, in the controls and with its capabilities. Progression provides opportunities for gradual learning and engaging the players. Without it, the game will lose players right from the start.

2 Likes

Go read some history about it - it wasn’t “Experimental” and the F X program was EXACTLY fighters for export - which turned out to be hte F-16 which is why hte F-20 never got anywhere.

Here you go:

1 Like

May 2023 vs January 2024. 6months still many things came in, with F-15A and stuff.

Always interesting how different things will have similar acronyms. Interesting read.

1 Like

The new pricing scheme is way overpriced. Triple A games cost less. I appreciate the effort into bringing unique vehicles but this is out of touch.

8 Likes

So Gaijin will not be spending the time to actually make a tigershark decal rather than using the greatwhite tigershark and their solution to this is just rename the decal to shark?

11 Likes

Too much effort for them to make the AI they use to print another sharkoid

2 Likes

“Our MS Copilot is not functioning as of late.”

Yours Truly,
Gaijin Art Department.

3 Likes

That’s an irrelevant comparison - the cost of a game depends on multiple factors, but particularly the input required and the size of the market.

bro…
ai pfp

1 Like