Pre-Order: F-14D Super Tomcat

I’d you don’t wanna wait about getting a premium go grind USA is say get the f18 next sale, it’s a lot fun and I can imagine it would be a lot more pleasant experience. If you’d be forced to bring 6 phoenixes inton12.7 and not like 4 aim7 and 4 9m on the f14 I’d say the f18 would still be better as it stands. I Never really fear a f14 when I’m 1v1. Even the b model.

(This is just in my personal experience)

1 Like

Someone didn’t look at the fin AoA increase AIM-54 is insane now

1 Like

Not really, it still needs to pick up speed before it can properly turn. Which it now does even less. Rarely can even reach Mach 3 let alone Mach 4

8 Likes

Yes, the Phoenix will now lose speed more rapidly due to the sharply increased angle of attack. Combined with the downgraded engine, it’s now some kind of Aim120a.

2 Likes

this is so infuriating! Every time we make progress it’s another step back!

the mobility buff was needed and very welcome, but the nerf to thrust and burn-time? WHY GAIJIN?! why?

it served no prupose and there are so many sources that state otherwise? Fix this… PLEASE!

stop giving us what we want while simultaneously taking it away!

7 Likes

I provided the documents with the actual fuel weight. I didn’t think they’d accept it so quickly. Well, I guess I helped you as best I could, seeing your efforts. Happy to serve.

2 Likes

that was helpful yes. the AIM-54C is lighter because of it.

1 Like

It’s just worse in every way, slower acceleration, faster loss of speed and still (obviously) pulls less in any stage of its flight.

3 Likes

but is realist soo

2 Likes

image
image

4000 pounds is 17800newtons

12 Likes

im giving up on the AIM-54, we need to keep pushing AIM-7P’s for both the B and D but that will never happen

2 Likes

If gaijin would be logical since the Iranian gets to keep the r27 (which it never fired) the D and b should have the 7p

8 Likes

P without datalink :=

1 Like

IOG would still be a nice feature especially with how wonky F-14B’s radar is

2 Likes

you can already relock with the AIM-7M really, only the IOG could be useful, but let’s see what Gaijin comes up with.

Well thats kinda what I said. IOG would be a nice feature since Sparrows tend to miss their targets after re-acquiring. IOG could help with precise missile positioning when the lock is lost.

To be fair i don’t know if the 7M in game is an M or acts more like a 7P Block 1 .
7P Block 1 didn’t have DL anyway.
The only thing that they have wrong is the lofting (it should loft) and sea skimming capability (because the game sets the limit at 60m anyway…)

They skipped the AIM-7MH, which is the first AIM-7 with a lofting mechanism. (

But for some reason the f14a gets r27 with

1 Like

Yes, so what? The R-27R is terrible. Its only real advantage is the data link it has a short range and a short burn time. The AIM-7M is better in every respect apart from having a data link and IOG.

2 Likes